Thread: MONGOLS

Default MONGOLS

Are mongols too strong in 2.4??
    Mongols have a lot of armies and i think if it goes like this they conquered the hole world but it mustn't like this because of history. Is there any event or something like that to stop the mongols like bankrupt or divided. If there is not something like that in mode i will add money to other factions(eyyubids uyunids kyphcaks etc.)

Default Re: MONGOLS

They are definitely way too strong in the campaign I just played (2.4.2). I still won, but only because I allied with the Mongols early, never broke my alliance (got relations up to perfect), and captured one of the cities they needed to win (Rayy). I was playing as the Roman Empire. I actually had a very difficult campaign until they came along. Once they started wiping everyone out, it was basically a race to take all my needed cities plus the full 60 cities to win.

In any case, yes, the mod is basically broken after the Mongols invade. I am about to try out the Buff and Shine submod as it says it changes the Mongols game mechanics.

Right now I think they get free instantly built units. By the end of the game I could see around 50 full Mongol stacks in one screenshot, with more if I looked around. They kept coming too. Adding money to the other factions won't be enough to defeat that.

However, I must say the rate at which they conquered in my game is realistic to what happened historically. If anything, they were too slow in the steppes in my game. But yeah, after they got to Armenia they really should have started to slow down. The Mamluks aren't a credible threat to them spawning only two powerful stacks for the Ayyubids (that I could see). It's too bad work didn't continue on this mod as imo it is easily one of the best Total War mods out there.
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.