Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 citadel siege bug

Icon9 Stainless Steel 6.4 citadel siege bug

Every time some enemy faction besieges one of my citadels, the game crashes (Crash To Dekstop - CTD). I don't have this problem whenever they are attacking my cities or castles & fortresses. So, what should I do?

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 citadel siege bug

Note that I have already installed the bug fix from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Y-BUGS-IN-HERE but it doesn't do anything. Also I needed to install the mod outside of program files and program files (x86) in order to play the game (in C/Intel). I also installed the bug fix there, but the game still crashes.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Turn on trace for logs in your config file in ss6.3 folder. (the directions if you don't know how to do that is in a sticky on this forum iirc). But delete the * in front of *log=trace in the ss config file. Then re-run the crash and post the log here in a zipped format via the upload option.

Are you by chance running any mods that adjust the battlemaps for settlements?. i.e. custom cities/castles, g5's better settlement defending whatever, etc?

Can you siege an enemy citadels okay? Or this crashes too?

Did you run the installs and ss_setup (after the installs) with 'run as administrator'? If not do this first as then my guess is your missing certain files thanks to virtual store/uac. So do this first then.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

That's the only thing I can find in the system.log document (in C/Intel/SS6.3) if that's what you mean.
    I haven't besieged an enemy myself in the campaign, but I tested a siege in a custom battle and it works fine.
    I don't remember what I did when I succesfully installed the game.
    Tell me if that is adwquate information.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    Turn on trace for logs in your config file in ss6.3 folder. (the directions if you don't know how to do that is in a sticky on this forum iirc). But delete the * in front of *log=trace in the ss config file. Then re-run the crash and post the log here in a zipped format via the upload option.

Are you by chance running any mods that adjust the battlemaps for settlements?. i.e. custom cities/castles, g5's better settlement defending whatever, etc?

Can you siege an enemy citadels okay? Or this crashes too?

Did you run the installs and ss_setup (after the installs) with 'run as administrator'? If not do this first as then my guess is your missing certain files thanks to virtual store/uac. So do this first then.
    As for the system.log is: 00:17:04.531 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE200:17:04.562 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    00:17:04.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:17:04.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:17:04.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:17:04.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:17:04.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:17:04.578 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:35:39.444 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

[campaign] early
    [scripts] AiLusted.txt
    [translation] none

1. Ok that's the save file:

Rhodian Knights.zip

2. As for the submod options I only selected the Lusted AI.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Okay I'll look into it, tks for the upload
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!