Thread: Natural Enemies

Default Natural Enemies

This may sound like a silly question and I assume that as the Empire, everyone wants a piece of you... but for example, are the Vampires and Orcs (2 random factions used) seen as natural enemies or will they only face off once the humans have been removed from the world?

My lore knowledge is very slim, the main bits ive read are about the Empire as thats who I can relate to easily... but im sure there is more to it. Like the Tomb Kings I believe are based on dead people, would they go for the Vampires?

When the Chaos invasion occurs, do they make a bee-line for the humans? Or will they take on anyone in their path?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Natural Enemies

Well. It is Warhammer. Everyone is by defaul backstabbing anyone else. Look at internal Empire politics between Elector Counts, look at War of beards between Elves and Dwarfs which basically weakened both races even if it was played by Dark Elves...

Still we can say that Races of Order are more likely to be at least allies and trade well with each other and at least not trying activitely to exterminate other Order factions So High Elves, Dwarfs, Empire.

Worshipping Chaos has a few layers. Lets say Norsca believes in Chaos god more likely in tribal almost shamanistic way. It is their tradition. Beastmen are even less sophisticated in worshipping. Cruel tool. For Warrios of Chaos it is proving their worthiness and ascending to deamonhood, getting atop the food chain. Because serving Chaos forces is nonstop fight for power,killing between themselves. And finally Deamons. Well, they donīt care, they are here for the party. Let the world burn.

Other evil factions have no problem killing anybody (elves ) else. And usual theme in many books and stories is that evil is almost victorious when they start infighting and at the very end good guys manage to survive..Each faction has some kind of long term goal? Skaven some weird world domination and promoting Horned Rat, Dark Elves want to get rid of High Elves and get the Malekith back as Phoenix King...Vampires in short want to rule humans but not kill them all because they need them as food, they are trying to infiltrate Empire, get even Emperor but thatīs it. And looking back, some Vampire kingdoms were even quite nice place to live for an average human..

Problem is, down on some level each faction has special characters which often offer different point of view or long term goals. Relation between Tomb Kings and Vampires, Relation between Naggash and Tomb Kings. Naggash wanted to be immortal, Vampires in short tried to do the same but it was not perfect so Vampirea are natural enemies to Tomb Kings. Naggash wanted to kill everything, which would also starved Chaos Gods as they are getting power by worshipping. Planet full of skeletons is nothing for them. Lizardmen are almost neutral but they are focusing on their great plan, at least to restore parts of it and have no problem to exterminate whole races which are standing in the way. But they are fighting Chaos, helping HE with Vortex..

Greenskins are true destruction. Thatīs all. While Ogres can be at least mercenaries...

It is hard to cover all faction in short. All characters, exceptions...I would advise reading in short about each race and then, then it is down to the certain characters, their interaction with races and between each other...Even Chaos gods have letīs say more friendly face from certain point of view. Like:

Nurgle: Acceptance, life, nature, camaraderie, joy.
    Khorne: Martial glory, honor, fitness.
    Slaanesh: Pride, perfection, pleasure, freedom.
    Tzeentch: Hope, knowledge, intelligence, change.
    Last edited by Daruwind; November 20, 2018 at 11:44 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Other evil factions have no problem killing anybody elves
    I'm not sure it was intentional, but fun anyway.

Reminds me of the joke "the English hated Napoleon so much they were ready to fight him to the last Prussian"
    Last edited by Steph; November 20, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not sure it was intentional, but fun anyway.

Reminds me of the joke "the English hated Napoleon so much they were ready to fight him to the last Prussian"
    I have fewer. Anybody else....yeah,just reading again the post and OMG.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)