Thread: Modding Staff Commentary Thread

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Default Modding Staff Commentary Thread

TWC's new Modding Staff aim to make TWC a great place for both modders and mod-users!

If you have any question about mods or modding, contact any member of the team (they're all listed here)
    and they will do their very best to help or post below.

If you're interested in joining this vibrant and energetic team, contact lolIsuck!

Please do not post below your interest in joining.

This thread is for questions, concerns, and general feedback regarding the activities of the Modding Staff.

Current Game Assignments
    Shogun - Axalon
    Medieval -
    Axalon
    Rome -
    Van Zandt, z3n
    Medieval II -
    Van Zandt, z3n, Gigantus
    Empire -
    PikeStance,
    Napoleon - Steph
    Shogun II -
    If interested, please contact lolIsuck
    Rome II -
    SharpEyed, Gyrosmeister,z3n
    Attila -
    PikeStance, SharpEyed
    Warhammer I & II -
    Steph,
    Thrones of Brittania -
    If interested, please contact lolIsuck

More is needed, if interested, please contact lolIsuck

Other Assigned Areas

Downloads - Leonardo
    Public Relations - King Athelstan

Last edited by lolIsuck; December 01, 2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: New boss
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack | Hayabusa Sushi|
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

Default Re: Modding Staff Commentary Thread

Questions regarding possible functions, targeting specific points and attempting to flesh out precisely what the staff can do on a practical modder's level. The first four words in each point will be boring. My apologies.
    - Does the Modding Staff have initiatives to seek out and assist upcoming mod makers?
    - Does the Modding Staff open itself to helping, be it with links and resources or direct involvement, a mod maker that seeks it out?
    - Does the Modding Staff construct guides and resources for modders ranging between beginner and advanced, or any range in between?
    - Does the Modding Staff focus on any particular game/game set (ex, modern games and medieval 2), or have a true equal interest in developing the mod sectors for each total war game?
    - Does the Modding Staff consider the direct involvement ideas above equal or greater priority to maintaining the mod lists and the download section?
    - Does the Modding Staff attempt to mirror or retrieve downloads that have died or become unreliable for otherwise notable mods?
    - Does the Modding Staff intend to participate on other platforms as well to spur on the community as a more collective whole, such as reddit and steam?
    - Does the Modding Staff participate in the Cult of Gigantus?

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Questions regarding possible functions, targeting specific points and attempting to flesh out precisely what the staff can do on a practical modder's level. The first four words in each point will be boring. My apologies.
    Answers in Green
    - Does the Modding Staff have initiatives to seek out and assist upcoming mod makers?
    Yes

- Does the Modding Staff open itself to helping, be it with links and resources or direct involvement, a mod maker that seeks it out?
    Both

- Does the Modding Staff construct guides and resources for modders ranging between beginner and advanced, or any range in between?
    No, but will direct modders to them.

- Does the Modding Staff focus on any particular game/game set (ex, modern games and medieval 2), or have a true equal interest in developing the mod sectors for each total war game?
    All Total War games

- Does the Modding Staff consider the direct involvement ideas above equal or greater priority to maintaining the mod lists and the download section?
    All equal

- Does the Modding Staff attempt to mirror or retrieve downloads that have died or become unreliable for otherwise notable mods?
    yes within the site policy

- Does the Modding Staff intend to participate on other platforms as well to spur on the community as a more collective whole, such as reddit and steam?
    I am not sure I understand the question. We will share the benefits of TWC over other "lesser mediums."

- Does the Modding Staff participate in the Cult of Gigantus?
    Absolutely yes!!!
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack | Hayabusa Sushi|
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Modding Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I'll try to answer your questions and some of them has to do with TWC Download and the modding related forums. The others can provide more information if you want to know more, so don't hesitate to ask.

The Modding Staff is supposed to assist modders, a beginner or a veteran, it doesn't matter and one of our duties is to provide links to tutorials, guides, resources, and tools etc. For example, how to get started.

Each staff member is assigned to a specific game e.g Axalon is assigned to the MTW, including the MTW Workshop, and the STW game forums.

The Modding Staff is responsible to maintain the Mod Register (RTW) for each game (check the top forum level for every game forum), except for STW.

We always make sure to replace dead links both on the forums and on TWC Download (is my assignment by the way), otherwise telling people why a link is dead or for whatever reason there is by adding an Admin Note just to inform people.

I can't give you a direct answer, but Gig is the one who can answer your question.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

Then there is a mod I have recently begun to try and help out with that I think would certainly require a few pointers, some help, some references, attention, etc that strikes me as having fair potential. Not sure if I should note it right here, or direct that via DM to Gigantus/someone in particular.

Axalon's Avatar Glorified Janitor
    Modding Staff

Hi CommodusIV,

For which game is it? Once we know that, we could probably direct you to da guy who handles that game... And then you two could take it from there...?...

- A

Ah, that's right. It would be Medieval 2.

Axalon's Avatar Glorified Janitor
    Modding Staff

Ok, then Van Zandt would be your man. Send him a PM, tell him what you want help with and get cookin...

- A

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Modding Staff

I will ask the people here.

Does anyone have this mod and I checked the links they're dead?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tions-Playable

Should you have it then upload it to TWC Download if it's max 100 Mb or upload it to MediaFire then post the link in that thread.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.