Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modding Staff Commentary Thread

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Blog Entries

Default Modding Staff Commentary Thread

TWC's new Modding Staff aim to make TWC a great place for both modders and mod-users!

If you have any question about mods or modding, contact any member of the team (they're all listed here)
    and they will do their very best to help or post below.

If you're interested in joining this vibrant and energetic team, contact lolIsuck!

Please do not post below your interest in joining.

This thread is for questions, concerns, and general feedback regarding the activities of the Modding Staff.

Current Game Assignments
    Shogun - Axalon
    Medieval -
    Axalon
    Rome -
    Van Zandt, z3n
    Medieval II -
    Van Zandt, z3n, Gigantus
    Empire -
    PikeStance,
    Napoleon - Steph
    Shogun II -
    If interested, please contact lolIsuck
    Rome II -
    SharpEyed, Gyrosmeister,z3n
    Attila -
    PikeStance, SharpEyed
    Warhammer I & II -
    Steph,
    Thrones of Brittania -
    If interested, please contact lolIsuck

More is needed, if interested, please contact lolIsuck

Other Assigned Areas

Downloads - Leonardo
    Public Relations - King Athelstan

Last edited by lolIsuck; December 01, 2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: New boss
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Default Re: Modding Staff Commentary Thread

Questions regarding possible functions, targeting specific points and attempting to flesh out precisely what the staff can do on a practical modder's level. The first four words in each point will be boring. My apologies.
    - Does the Modding Staff have initiatives to seek out and assist upcoming mod makers?
    - Does the Modding Staff open itself to helping, be it with links and resources or direct involvement, a mod maker that seeks it out?
    - Does the Modding Staff construct guides and resources for modders ranging between beginner and advanced, or any range in between?
    - Does the Modding Staff focus on any particular game/game set (ex, modern games and medieval 2), or have a true equal interest in developing the mod sectors for each total war game?
    - Does the Modding Staff consider the direct involvement ideas above equal or greater priority to maintaining the mod lists and the download section?
    - Does the Modding Staff attempt to mirror or retrieve downloads that have died or become unreliable for otherwise notable mods?
    - Does the Modding Staff intend to participate on other platforms as well to spur on the community as a more collective whole, such as reddit and steam?
    - Does the Modding Staff participate in the Cult of Gigantus?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Questions regarding possible functions, targeting specific points and attempting to flesh out precisely what the staff can do on a practical modder's level. The first four words in each point will be boring. My apologies.
    Answers in Green
    - Does the Modding Staff have initiatives to seek out and assist upcoming mod makers?
    Yes

- Does the Modding Staff open itself to helping, be it with links and resources or direct involvement, a mod maker that seeks it out?
    Both

- Does the Modding Staff construct guides and resources for modders ranging between beginner and advanced, or any range in between?
    No, but will direct modders to them.

- Does the Modding Staff focus on any particular game/game set (ex, modern games and medieval 2), or have a true equal interest in developing the mod sectors for each total war game?
    All Total War games

- Does the Modding Staff consider the direct involvement ideas above equal or greater priority to maintaining the mod lists and the download section?
    All equal

- Does the Modding Staff attempt to mirror or retrieve downloads that have died or become unreliable for otherwise notable mods?
    yes within the site policy

- Does the Modding Staff intend to participate on other platforms as well to spur on the community as a more collective whole, such as reddit and steam?
    I am not sure I understand the question. We will share the benefits of TWC over other "lesser mediums."

- Does the Modding Staff participate in the Cult of Gigantus?
    Absolutely yes!!!
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex Modding Staff

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    I'll try to answer your questions and some of them has to do with TWC Download and the modding related forums. The others can provide more information if you want to know more, so don't hesitate to ask.

The Modding Staff is supposed to assist modders, a beginner or a veteran, it doesn't matter and one of our duties is to provide links to tutorials, guides, resources, and tools etc. For example, how to get started.

Each staff member is assigned to a specific game e.g Axalon is assigned to the MTW, including the MTW Workshop, and the STW game forums.

The Modding Staff is responsible to maintain the Mod Register (RTW) for each game (check the top forum level for every game forum), except for STW.

We always make sure to replace dead links both on the forums and on TWC Download (is my assignment by the way), otherwise telling people why a link is dead or for whatever reason there is by adding an Admin Note just to inform people.

I can't give you a direct answer, but Gig is the one who can answer your question.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

Then there is a mod I have recently begun to try and help out with that I think would certainly require a few pointers, some help, some references, attention, etc that strikes me as having fair potential. Not sure if I should note it right here, or direct that via DM to Gigantus/someone in particular.

Axalon's Avatar Glorified Janitor
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff

Hi CommodusIV,

For which game is it? Once we know that, we could probably direct you to da guy who handles that game... And then you two could take it from there...?...

- A

Ah, that's right. It would be Medieval 2.

Axalon's Avatar Glorified Janitor
    Patrician Artifex Modding Staff

Ok, then Van Zandt would be your man. Send him a PM, tell him what you want help with and get cookin...

- A

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex Modding Staff

I will ask the people here.

Does anyone have this mod and I checked the links they're dead?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tions-Playable

Should you have it then upload it to TWC Download if it's max 100 Mb or upload it to MediaFire then post the link in that thread.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

Clodia_Metelli's Avatar Campidoctor

What exactly is the modding staff doing at the moment?

Blog Entries

We are currently gathering mods that are not in the Mod registry and getting every mod registered. We are also creating a searchable platform on the wiki to make it easier for Mod users to find the mod they want.
    It is a monumental task.

Would you like to join us? The more the merrier.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Clodia_Metelli's Avatar Campidoctor

Ok. Thank you for the info. No, not interested.
    Last edited by Clodia_Metelli; March 07, 2019 at 01:33 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Hi I want to upload my MARKA modified horse for Knight Orders as primary source to M2TW modders in the TWC.
    So far i add the mediafire link but when I am gone this link may expire and the modder will no longer be available.
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Blog Entries

I am not sure i am understanding the problem but have you consider uploading it to the DOWNLOAD section.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE

Thanks DONE!
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Blog Entries

My pleasure!

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

Whats the team working on in general at the moment?

Van Zandt's Avatar pulvis et umbra
    Citizen Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Whats the team working on in general at the moment?
    There are a variety of tasks at hand...1. answering questions from members, 2. updating links, 3. patrolling forums for threads and forums that might need some clean up. For example, I recently requested that the Britannia historical discussion thread be opened. For some reason when it was created there was not an option for anyone to start a thread.

My current project is to update the links in the Terrae Expungnandae forum for the recently discovered exe files and some submods.

There is also considerable discussion about future directions for the Modding Staff, stay tuned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post

There is also considerable discussion about future directions for the Modding Staff, stay tuned.
    uh oh, here comes/ goes!

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Well, I don't suppose you're heading East anytime soon? I'm considering going there myself, via shoutout blogs for modders. One doesn't need to be of the staff to play a part, I'm thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast