Thread: Animations

Libertus

Default Animations

Hey guys!
    One question. I have a new animated .ms3d file for a collision. How can I covert it to .anim and .mesh files. Is it possible?

Default Re: Animations

Sorry - it's not possible currently - we hadn't been able to interpret the different ways the existing animations in the .anim file converted to and from anything ms3d can handle.

btw - you don't need an animation (apart from for gates) to show damage after a collision. Just the two group object with undamaged/damaged versions and the IWTE generated collision.

Libertus

Icon1 Re: Animations

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Sorry - it's not possible currently - we hadn't been able to interpret the different ways the existing animations in the .anim file converted to and from anything ms3d can handle.
    OK, thank you for the answer. Any chance to achieve it in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    btw - you don't need an animation (apart from for gates) to show damage after a collision. Just the two group object with undamaged/damaged versions and the IWTE generated collision.
    I know

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    Any chance to achieve it in the future?
    Well Christmas is coming!

...if you wonder why I say that every Christmas for the last 'x' years wilddog's decided he has some spare time and has had another go at the .anims - I mentioned this thread to him and he's thinking of having another go!

However, the tool has been stuck in limbo for a while, as he's trying to convert the base files to use the later 3+ python code, and then compile from that - it's just got to the compilable stage but the python 3+ has broken a lot of the functions that used to work, so that will take a while to sort out.

We're fairly sure we can't get the vanilla anims into ms3d. But getting from a new ms3d anim to the game has more potential. If you'd like to help and have an animated file already would you be able to send that to me to use to test on? (if so please upload somewhere and pm me the link)

Libertus

Wow, that are good news. Now I have a reason to look forward to Christmas and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and wilddog. And thank you very much for your efforts.
    I will upload an animated file and pm you the link. It is a simple column, but If you want other animated files like towers or walls, I can upload it too.