Thread: Surface Pro (2017) and M2TW

Civis

Icon5 Surface Pro (2017) and M2TW

How does it run? What are the recommended settings (I like large unit size)? Any tips, tricks, or fixes to get the game to run faster on low spec machines?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Surface Pro (2017) and M2TW

There are a few variations among the Surface Pro's, right? Please post the specifications. Though all newer laptops should be able to run Medieval 2 just fine. Best thing to do to make it faster is the obvious bit: turning down graphics settings.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Yeah precise model no. is required to tell how the game will perform on the machine.

All Surface Pros run integrated graphics. You can certainly play on it, maybe 20 FPS, but it's not an experience I would suggest. You would have to significantly turn down the graphics and resolution. Best of luck, but you're gonna want something with a dedicated GPU if you want to run a game like MTW2 on it. I suggest Medium unit sizes and all other graphics on low.

Civis

Surface Pro 2017 specs:
    i5 7300u processor
    intel hd 620 graphex
    LPDDR3 8GB ram at 1866mhz

I’ve seen a video where someone managed to run M2 battles at 20-40 fps on the original 2013 Surface Pro.
    1280x768, Low Veggie/Grass details, Normal unit size

Thie was for the old Surfacr Pro (w/ 2013 processor and intel 4000 graphex) so I imagine that performance has improved with Surface Pro 2017

I think you could run 1080 with my settings around 30 fps. I just definitely wouldn't expect much. Integrated graphics suck, unfortunately.

Yeah. You would have to compromise on graphics settings and run at 1600x900 resolution and it would be playable.

Civis

What about keeping resolution at 1024x768? Will that improve performance substantially?

Yes, but then you're playing at 1024x768 lol.