Thread: Organizing unit cards in city recruitment

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Default Organizing unit cards in city recruitment

Hi guys, does anyone know how to reorganize the unit cards in a city recruitment pool ?

Exemple, in the image below, the blue soldier on the top left corner is an Elite and I would like to move it to the right side, just left to the siege.

I would like to put the 2 soldiers with a spear one over the other and not one beside the other ... etc

So is there a way to put the card we want in the place we want ?

Thanks

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Organizing unit cards in city recruitment

Hello Titus.
    I believe game organizes units automatically. From left to right, first are infantry, then missiles, then cavalry, siege units and last agents. This cannot be changed unless you change unit type which may result in weird effects, and unit costs which is also undesirable for you I guess.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Default Re: Organizing unit cards in city recruitment

Damn you're a genius ! It has to do with unit cost ! The game first has to sort out with Infantry/missile/cavalry, then sorts out by cost.

I have to understand the logic to be able to do what I want !

Thanks a lot !!!

EDIT : got it ! pretty easy though ! The first 2 boxes on each line are dedicated to infantry (no matter what the weapon is), the 2 following to missile, then 1 to cavalry, 2 to boats and the last to agents.

The game sorts out the units with unit cost in custom batlle in the EDU, even for the campaign map.

Code:
    stat_cost        7, 15, 30, 7.5, 7.5, 15, 1, 1
    The higher this number is, the upper in the table the unit will be. So lets take infantry (first 2 boxes on the left). The game will put on the top left the most costly unit, the directly on its right, the second most costly unit. Then the third most costly unit will be on the second line, first box, the fourth most costly will be second line second box, then the fifth will be third line first box ...etc.
    Last edited by Titus le Chmakus; November 13, 2018 at 05:33 AM.