Thread: Saving my bugged campaign save

Default Saving my bugged campaign save

So after playing for a while with Fay Enchantress and capturing Skavenblight, Miragliano was razed on the same turn. The weird thing is that whenever somebody tried to colonize the city it would just crash. I tried to as well with the same results. This has never happened before and while I could supposedly start a new campaign I had some really sweet victories using my questing knight and grail guardian starting unit against beastmen and skaven and I don't really want to lose it.

So any ideas as to what action I could take? My best bet was save parser but I don't know how I can change the city ownership, is it even possible?

I do have mods yes but with the actual setup I had 2-3 campaigns with almost no crashes. I had a few cause my laptop can only play on low settings and some times it just cant handle it. But I played for 200+ turns with zero problems.

Thanks in advance!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Saving my bugged campaign save

did you try it before or after the new DLC? Did you use mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    did you try it before or after the new DLC? Did you use mods?
    Before, have yet to obtain it. Yes I did have mods, but I played a dummy campaign with Clan Skryre and razed the city and occupied it without any problems. I'm pretty sure my save is a goner at this point. I also tried to use a trainer (in my crashing save) killed every army in the area, no one colonised the city and save went on. But at some point somebody will which means there's no point in playing it anymore.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Even if you don't buy the DLC, the game will probably have updated to get the new and updated tables. You cannot play as Vampire Coasts, but they should be there to play against. I don't think CA claimed the game will remain save compatible after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Even if you don't buy the DLC, the game will probably have updated to get the new and updated tables. You cannot play as Vampire Coasts, but they should be there to play against. I don't think CA claimed the game will remain save compatible after the update.
    Even if it was not all of the mods would so... It's a goner. I hopped I could cheat it with save parser but you can't change a region that much. I'll start a new one it seems. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

It is usually good advice to start a new campaign after major update/DLC. Startpos file got changes, for example the Pirate Cove foreign building slots and many more...there might be scripts relying upon new regions like Albion, Galeon Graveyard and many other aspects hidden to common player. Another problem might be, the mods are probably not yet updated for the new DLC...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)