Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Yes it is, unless you can answer the damned questions by saying no to the first three. If you can't answer these simple and reasonable questions, we can't take your protestations seriously.

Can you confirm that:

1- The US has access to weather forecasts.

2- It's routine to take weather forecasts into account when making a flight plan.

3- The US has access to motor vehicles, in the event that flight is not an option,having consulted a weather forecast.

If you agree, then what prevented thesnowflake Trump from attending like everyone else, including some of his own staff?
    Maybe it just doesn't really matter?
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Idiot Trump blames the Baltic countries for the Balkan conflicts while at WWI memorial

@Ziltoid

Meanwhile Trump used the right term that has different meaning besides just that backyard action in forestry maintenance, and obviously meant in general taking care of forest and dead easily flammable forest material to avoid fires.
    Ziltoid even in the right context you can't rake wild forests. You realize the ecological trauma/disaster/damage that would occur. Driving tractors all about they compress soil destroy habitat how would you even get them there everywhere? You know Ziltoid I really do live in the West. My wife inherited 400 acres of timber forest. Two of Her cousins are retired from Boise Cascade. You don't rake forest on a yearly basis to prevent forest fires, you rake it after you log it. That means roads, lots of destruction and of course that the best case option in just not a clear cut forest - but in the wild not an option. There is a reason logging companies clear cut its economical. To rake a forest managed but just selectively cut adds a ton of expense. You have seen the west this is not raking Iowa. Half of the expense of logging one's property is the cost of raking out afterword and building all the roads in the first place and not just breaking it all too pieces (again clear cutting). Trump might know how to get Russian's to pay for golf courses, and maybe cheat the feds on rent control, but you can't rake California.

The compaction from the weight of the vehicles and the roads alters the environment. Now if you use draft horses that actually works - damn expensive and you gotta find a lot of teamsters... and get a lot of hay that's easy once you commit to manicuring all of the western US suppose takes longer the horses that is, but they are bit more flexible than tractors

--------

And the security HH for missing Arlington was?

I wonder about IKE weather looks so so in Korea

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh but I forgot Trump can't fly to war zones either.

@Dr Legend - missing his helicopters I guess.
    Last edited by conon394; November 20, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    US politics isn't broken; the Left is. This 24/7 hysteria and constant demonization of the president and the Republicans -- every little thing they do is front page news and blown out of proportion, in order to create as much rage and division as possible among the population -- that is the biggest threat facing the nation, not Trump making an offhand comment about forest fires. The Left won't be happy until people are being gunned down in the streets. They're truly the enemy of the people.
    What a bunch of hypocrites. The right where no different, jumping on any little thing Obama did.

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Instead of arguing about nonsense like weather reports, maybe you should convince us why such a ceremony really matters?
    Last edited by alhoon; December 09, 2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: continuity
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Instead of arguing about nonsense like weather reports, maybe you should convince us why such a ceremony really matters?
    If you take the status of citizen seriously you might want to reflect on the duties of citizens. Doughboys were drafted to fight in WWI by a President who decried war but whose hand was forced by the undiplomatic idiocy of Kaiser Wilhelm's regime.

US servicemen were noted for their courage and enthusiasm in a war not of their making and that they had no stake in other than their own skins, and their honour. They may have lacked mass army experience having not had a major war for many decades but they showed up anyway and in the true US tradition learned fast on the job: they were respected by their comrades and opponents for their morale in particular.

Some US servicemen saw themselves as repaying the debt owed to France for establishing US independence. "Hey Lafayette, we're back" was a humorous and understated way of expressing this idea. The debt was paid in blood by over a hundred thousand doughboys.

France has honoured the dead who served to defend their country in WWI with a series of war graves of stunning beauty. I encourage you to visit them as I and other posters have, even the lazy dishonourable scumbag Trump managed to get to one. It is an opportunity to reflect on the stupid waste of war, and how diplomacy is best conducted with honesty and skill rather than threats and paranoia.

I urge to to consider this: if you do not understand the importance of the conduct of the US in WWI you really cannot understand the position the US occupies in the world. Wilson created so much goodwill in his honest and earnest attempt to restrain imperialism, create a lasting peace and establish sound institutions to guarantee this that the US has been seen as a light of democracy since.

Of course much his work was undone by coarse narrow minded greedy men, nationalists and bigots and even US congressmen.

World War I was a nasty Imperialist war, started by violent nationalists and spread by paranoid Imperialists. Its saw truly evil racist attempts at Genocide, and its unjust conclusion sewed the seeds of WWII. However the part played by US servicemen in particular is one of honour and courage. Attending significant ceremonies celebrating their efforts is a duty of any nation's leader, and the utmost respect must be shown for reasons of national honour, moral integrity and simple respect for the victorious dead.

For a president to ignore his solemn duty because his hair might get wet indicates he's an ignorant man of no honour at all.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Why does the centenary of World War I, the war to end all wars, matter, when a piece of shite is in the White House who just publicly supported Saudi Arabia's limitless war in Yemen.

Beats me. Can't think of any possible lesson people like you are meant to learn.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

maybe you should convince us why such a ceremony really matters?
    Because people were drafted or volunteered and were asked to make a sacrifice. In the final case - all of themselves for their country no matter the cause or nature of the war and they did so by their thousands. As the bard says one can only hope that on a latter day the princes that led them to it will face judgment if the cause was not just. But honest sacrifice none the less. Write large the same sacrifice in a different way of fireman, or really anyone who volunteers and gives of themselves or risks when not asked or does what their country asks without flinching. That is something to honor and respect. As well France does with many thousands of foreign graves on her soil. That a foreign nation has more respect for the fallen who came to Her aid than the grifter who is unfortunately the president of the USA is to my thinking a shame. Trump is man without honor, or shame. His comments and actions would see him held a man of contempt in past republics or democracies - to than fail to honer the fallen - a craven and avoider of service himself I can think of no badge of shame he could add worse. I can only ask what a jury of Hamilton,Tromp, Militates, Demosthenes, William the Silent, or Perry or the ragged men who decided to opposes England at Concord, or the men who stood to their stations in December of 1941 while Japan re educated the world on just how naval warfare was going to work would say about a man who was too busy not once but twice to make a gesture as head of state to people who had more courage than himself? Aeschines never failed to detail in any political speech his service first before offering to lead the Demos - a decorated member of the picked regiment, ships funded and commanded... War from 18 to 50... Lithurges (Taxes) paid to fund the annual memorial of fallen Athenians, their ships their festivals their arsenals. Were he alive I think his only response would be absolute contempt for a tax cheat who was 'busy' and the weather was bad.
    Last edited by conon394; November 21, 2018 at 12:32 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Senator

The POTUS does know nothing about sacrifice, being the golden spoon in the mouth, dodging Vietnam brat that he is.
    At least the world got spared of the speech he would have given there (as conon394 has already pointed out).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456