Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Tolerant Left" strawman

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: The "Tolerant Left" strawman

Most countries have campaign contribution limits and don't allow people to outright buy elections like the US. Furthermore, it's a complete false equivalency between the two parties.

https://media.13newsnow.com/assets/G...0f_750x422.jpg

You've got one party which is in reality 3-4 parties glommed onto each other (the Dems) and one party which is homogenous white rich dudes (the GOP). True conservatives now reside in the Democratic party along with progressives, centrists and blue collar.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    I don't mean to pick on you, but this vague notion that society is rigged needs proof. Point to outcome disparity in, say, length of jail sentences, does not prove the justice system is rigged along racial lines The outcome disparity might be explained any number of ways that don't involve racial unfairness. And even if it was, the solution to the problem is not expand and enforce what I will just call "racial management," but emphasis individuality.

Direct racial quotas have been consistently struck down by the US Supreme Court as violating equal protection. However, that hasn't stopped Harvard from capping the percentage of ethnic Asians admitted by the curious method of consistently scoring Asians lower in desirable personality traits.

And there is in the United States a diversity visa program that grants entrance based on country of origin. The USA needs for more Uzbeks, for diversity's sake. I don't believe our immigration should particularly care about an applicants country of origin, all other things being equal. Trumo wants to get rid of this program and implement a merit based immigration system. Democrats oppose that idea and defend this program.

I can also point to any number of articles published that are positively gleeful that the proportion of Caucasians in the US is shrinking and how that enhances "the left's" electoral future. To the Left racial identity is politically determinate.
    I can see the point of getting rid of the diversity program but not to replace it with a merit based one. Too biased against the poor.

The white population is shrinking no matter. You could stop immigration completely but it won't matter. The birth rates among the white population are low and having more babies is the only way to change that.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Patrician Citizen

Racial quotas has been upheld by the US supreme court numerous times. Gratz vs Bollinger, Grutter vs Bollinger, Fisher vs University of Texas, Griggs vs Duke Power Company, Defunis vs Odegaard, City of Richmond vs J.A. Croson Co., Wards Cover Packing Co. vs Atonio, Hopward vs Texas, etc. The idea that the supreme court has not ruled in favor of this idea is BS. The reason why affirmative action is used is to reverse disparity which is enforced by former legal institutions which mandated and enforced disparity is that it works and people (except maybe Heathen) understand that forcing someone to dig themselves out of a hole they themselves never dug is unfair and unamerican. Because the US has declined to provide reparations to the affected, the next best thing is to remove the relative disadvantage affecting groups in terms of employment and admission to education, doing so has been both effective and has not harmed those who aren't benefitted whatsoever. Numerous studies have confirmed this. Heathen Hammer is utterly wrong on every count.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    Most countries have campaign contribution limits and don't allow people to outright buy elections like the US. Furthermore, it's a complete false equivalency between the two parties.

https://media.13newsnow.com/assets/G...0f_750x422.jpg

You've got one party which is in reality 3-4 parties glommed onto each other (the Dems) and one party which is homogenous white rich dudes (the GOP). True conservatives now reside in the Democratic party along with progressives, centrists and blue collar.
    Contributions can be made in a variety of channels, rendering such laws as symbolic. We need to start realizing that people who make such contributions, such as they are, are the problem.
    Also what do you mean by "true conservatives"? Like neocons who care more about helping Israel and Saudi Arabia then their own country? Also I don't think blue collar is represented by Democrats, who are mostly rich neoliberals with a a bunch of fringe leftist crazies like Sanders and Cortez.

Patrician Citizen

You clearly have no clue who blue and red demographics are. You also don't seem to have any awareness of who trump is cozying up to do you?

You didn't really answer my question. Who are those "true conservatives? Are you talking about rootless neocons like McCain and Bush?

Patrician Citizen

I have no obligation to answer your leading question. You've given me no reason to believe that the statement I made was unclear, you merely wish to impress upon it your own interpretation (strawman) and foist that as my meaning. It would be like me saying when you talk about conservatives you seem to be referring to incels and nazis.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Because the US has declined to provide reparations to the affected, the next best thing is to remove the relative disadvantage affecting groups in terms of employment and admission to education, doing so has been both effective and has not harmed those who aren't benefitted whatsoever.
    What are those disadvantages?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Imagine my shock

According to new research by Cydney Dupree, assistant professor of organizational behavior at Yale SOM, white liberals tend to downplay their own verbal competence in exchanges with racial minorities, compared to how other white Americans act in such exchanges. The study is scheduled for publication in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. . .

The researchers found that liberal individuals were less likely to use words that would make them appear highly competent when the person they were addressing was presumed to be black rather than white. No significant differences were seen in the word selection of conservatives based on the presumed race of their partner. “It was kind of an unpleasant surprise to see this subtle but persistent effect,” Dupree says. “Even if it’s ultimately well-intentioned, it could be seen as patronizing.”
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Yeah funny how that works

Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    I have no obligation to answer your leading question. You've given me no reason to believe that the statement I made was unclear, you merely wish to impress upon it your own interpretation (strawman) and foist that as my meaning. It would be like me saying when you talk about conservatives you seem to be referring to incels and nazis.
    You said this:
    True conservatives now reside in the Democratic party
    All I did was ask who you meant by this. So do we just assume you are retracting that statement?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123