Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: CNN's Jim Acosta banned from White House after heated exchange with Trump, falsely accused of laying hands on woman

Katsumoto de Voltaire's Avatar laughs boisterously
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor Citizen

Default CNN's Jim Acosta banned from White House after heated exchange with Trump, falsely accused of laying hands on woman

The White House has suspended the credentials of CNN's chief White House correspondent hours after a testy exchange with President Donald Trump.

Jim Acosta was asking a question at a news conference on Wednesday when a White House worker tried to grab the microphone from his hands.

Press secretary Sarah Huckerbee Sanders said access was removed because he had put "his hands on a young woman".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46133268

It is impressive how low this administration will stoop in its clumsy attempts to silence dissent. Not only is their allegation observably false, they're using videos apparently made and doctored by InfoWars to support it.

Sanders later tweeted from the @PressSec account a video edit of the incident, which zoomed in and magnified the movements of Acosta’s left arm.

The source of the video used by Sanders appeared to be Infowars, and there were claims online that the clip had been manipulated in order to make his actions seem more dramatic.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-media-split

I imagine the same people who were outraged at the (supposedly) false allegations against Kavanaugh will be just as outraged at another woman falsely accusing a man of violence.
    'There are clearly two sides, and those two sides are not the same. The right is more insular; it’s more extreme; it’s more partisan,” Faris said of the findings. “That’s not a subjective opinion; that’s an empirical observation. And much of what we try to do in this book is to document that and understand what it means and how it’s reflected in different behavior.'

Network Propaganda: Manipulation, Disinformation, and Radicalization in American Politics

Default Re: CNN's Jim Acosta banned from White House after heated exchange with Trump, falsely accused of laying hands on woman

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto de Voltaire View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-media-split

I imagine the same people who were outraged at the (supposedly) false allegations against Kavanaugh will be just as outraged at another woman falsely accusing a man of violence.
    Fake news? From the White House? Never?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: CNN's Jim Acosta banned from White House after heated exchange with Trump, falsely accused of laying hands on woman

will be .
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    will be .
    Call it what you want. Use whatever words you want that require the board's programming to work over your bull. In days of yore tweeting out doctored video cribbed from Infowars would be resignation territory for any White House employee.

Today we just call it Thursday.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Ferrets54's Avatar Praefectus Praetorio

will be .
    I assume you are talking about the American Government acting like Stalinist propagandists?

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Call it what you want. Use whatever words you want that require the board's programming to work over your bull. In days of yore tweeting out doctored video cribbed from Infowars would be resignation territory for any White House employee.

Today we just call it Thursday.
    I like your formulation

Thursdays will be Thursdays.

I assume you are talking about the American Government acting like Stalinist propagandists?[/URL]
    I had something more gynecological in mind.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; November 08, 2018 at 08:16 PM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

What's your opinion on the White House posting doctored videos?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 09, 2018 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

What's your opinion on the White House posting doctored videos?
    I would say they didn't need to do anything other than to use the video that is linked in the OP. This WH is sloppy, careless and just can't help itself. Acosta did push the woman's arm down. As far as physical altercations go they don't get smaller than that. Acosta should apologize to the woman, like any gentleman would, and the WH should reinstate him and ignore him forever.

This is one of those days that really gets me down.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; November 08, 2018 at 08:41 PM.

-Ella Hill

Video evidence of this ex-journalist actually assaulting a white house female staffer must be so absolutely triggering to the left they must necessarily avert their eyes or else admit one of their own engaged in [sexist/homophobic/xenophobic/misogynist/racist/islamophobic/transphobic/etc] behavior. Intersectionality is cancer, Jim is an idiot, and CNN is the most moronic "news" outlet to ever exist.

I see this is your famous way of entertaining and assessing an opposing politicla opinion Ponti. Pray tell me, should we charge him with assault for hitting that female staffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Video evidence of this ex-journalist actually assaulting a white house female staffer must be so absolutely triggering to the left they must necessarily avert their eyes or else admit one of their own engaged in [sexist/homophobic/xenophobic/misogynist/racist/islamophobic/transphobic/etc] behavior. Intersectionality is cancer, Jim is an idiot, and CNN is the most moronic "news" outlet to ever exist.
    Emphasis added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    I see this is your famous way of entertaining and assessing an opposing politicla opinion Ponti. Pray tell me, should we charge him with assault for hitting that female staffer?
    Except by any video but the doctored Infowars video that charge wouldn't stick given the clear lack of intent. Ponti can well...pontificate all he wants, but he can at least act like he knows what the charge is.
    Last edited by Gaidin; November 08, 2018 at 09:09 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aexodus's Avatar stahp

How was It doctored?
    Under the patronage of Pontifex Maximus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by elfdude View Post
    I don't understand, clearly if white people simply made better choices to treat others as their equal there wouldn't be all of this justified pushback.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Aexodus you should watch the comparison between the live video and the video released by Huckabee-Slanders.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...rce=reddit.com

(here's a better link)
    https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-...fowars-2018-11

The video shared by the official twitter account (from Infowars, no less) is sped up at just the right moment to make it look like Acosta moved his arm faster than he actually did.

It is very clear that it is faked. And anyone that watched it live can tell the difference.

-----

Ponti, before your words can be taken seriously (which we are having trouble with right now), any comment on the fact the White House is using doctored footage of a live event in order to make Acosta's actions look worse than they actually are?
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; November 08, 2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Somehow misspelled your name. Sorry dude

Current Republican Strategy when it comes to whining about voting

Acosta did push the woman's arm down.
    What a ing joke.

https://www.reddit.com/r/People:wub:...e_interns_arm/

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Video evidence of this ex-journalist actually assaulting a white house female staffer must be so absolutely triggering to the left
    Said Ponty, obviously triggered.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Sanders also posted a video showing Greedo shot first. She has pictures of Stanley Kubrick on the moon too, he's altering the horizon with so it appears the Earth isn't flat. Also if you zoom it right in there's a Honduran mujahudeen on the grassy knoll.

I agree with BWB when he says this administration is trash. This clown emperor is barely functional as a human, and his page girl should be sacked for her disgraceful re-transmitting tampered evidence.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

She should be sacked. This is what Stalin did. This is what Orwell wrote about. And not in the sense that Ponty and BWB whine about leftists. This is literal.

Blog Entries

I agree. She didn't even use footage from actual media but from a confirmed fake news source in the form of Infowars.

If our official WH Press Secretary is relying on that , all hope is lost.

Sanders should resign for pushing such a false narrative. I'm willing to admit Acosta isn't exactly an angel in this situation but to purposefully mislead the public into thinking that a member of the media attacked a WH staff member?

her.

And they don't even care, and it's easy to see why. The WH posts a literally doctored video, in justification for violating a leading journalist's A1 rights, and people like Ponty and BWB politely clap the death of their democracy.

Blog Entries

Well yeah...Conservatives right now are all about "owning de libruls" even if it means welcoming in Presidential acts they themselves would have shot Obama for if he had even joked about doing.

irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    And they don't even care, and it's easy to see why. The WH posts a literally doctored video, in justification for violating a leading journalist's A1 rights, and people like Ponty and BWB politely clap the death of their democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Well yeah...Conservatives right now are all about "owning de libruls" even if it means welcoming in Presidential acts they themselves would have shot Obama for if he had even joked about doing.
    Classic case of party before country and anything that isn't kissing the feet of the orange messiah is fake news/George Soros/Deep State/(name your booogeyman here).
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast