Thread: Cheating AI?

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

Default Cheating AI?

Is the AI using cheats in LTC 2.0??? :hmmm:

Default Re: Cheating AI?

They have been given a script which gives them 15000 bucks per turn.

You could call it cheating if you like(such a dirty word), I call it challenge.

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

Is that really necessary??

I guess that depends.

Veteran players need all the challenge they can get. In my games it helps the AI out. They field bigger more balance armies.

There is a way to remove it. It was in another thread that i can't find right now.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

They get 15000 cash per turn IF their cash drops really low. It helps the ai provide more of a challenge.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Can I reactivate it in a current campaign or is the campaign_script file only read at the start (like descr_strat)? Thanks.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

The script is in the campaign script located in your campaign subfolder inside the world folder. If you don't want to use copy the script file over with a backup copy.

I don't really consider this a 'cheat' but rather an aid. The human player can build much better than the AI and the AI never disbands units.
    Work of God

Yes, the only problem i see, though, is that AI don't even bother repairing damaged buildings (well maybe every 3-4 turns it does).

Instead it's pouring their money in making units only. I am facing in like 4+ stacks of Moors, even though they have no facilities to create them (i sabotaged all.:hmmm:

They only have 1 province, Timbuktu, left that is making like 1500+.

Maybe 15000, after they are bellow 20000 is a tad excessive , from realistic point.

Same with Venice, economy in crapper, only 2 cities, and yet still 6 full stacks. They don't even bother to repair their recruit buildings, and yet , every turn more units...not even mercenaries.

This is 1250+ AD, btw.