Thread: Genoese generals still green horse clothing

Miles

Default Genoese generals still green horse clothing

Same for captains in regiments.
    I do not remember this from older versions, is there a fix?

Miles

Default Re: Genoese generals still green horse clothing

Can nobody assist on this one? It's not "huge", but it still bothers to have milanese horses and foot captains. Most likely it's an issue with that fan made bug fixing super package, but how can it be fixed?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

You got a save? and whatever you ticked submod manager wise. (ss_setup)? So i can recreate it and look into it. No promises tho i haven't actively modded anything in this game for years and years....but i'll take a look.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Miles

I attached the save file.

The settings are "savage ai" "disable RR, aor off" and "permanent watchtowers"
    Attached Files Attached Files

early or late campaign?

Nvm figured that out.

--------edit here--------

Okay, so the issue is from 6.4 base game. There using the milan colors (green) there too. So since I don't made unit models and textures myself I had to use the resources in place in the game already.

So I stole the papal units textures and I think it turned out pretty well. I tried venice, england, others, but with the exception of archer/missile units the papal states captains looked best. Pictures are attached.

If you get someone to make custom models or you can find some in some other mod/sub-mod out there I can adjust to those later. But I think the general looks good (i fixed the horse cover to papal as well which looks good imho). And I think the gold/white color scheme works for genoa and the papal key image on the captains is understated so doesn't overwhelm for immersion. (why i picked papal instead of the lions on england which looked good color wise with archers).

But I can't pick different ones for archers versus others, well probably I could...but that would be more work than this. This was simple substitution. Regardless this should be way less jarring immersion wise while playing. Not perfect but hope you like it, let me know.

Both Install and Uninstall should be save-game compatible. i.e. you can do it mid-campaign.

--------INSTALL--------
    Download the Remodel Files.zip

Unzip, then copy paste the data folder inside into mtw2/ss6.3/data and overwrite/replace everything.

--------UNINSTALL--------
    Download the Revert Files/zip

Unzip, then copy the data folder inside into mtw2/ss6.3/data and overwrite/replace everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Genoa Remodel Archers.jpg   Genoa Remodel Fuedal Foot Knights.jpg   Genoa Remodel General.jpg   Genoa Remodel Levy Archers.jpg   Genoa Remodel Mailed Knights.jpg  

Genoa Remodel Pavise Spearman.jpg   Genoa Remodel Spearman.jpg   Genoa Remodel Urban Spear Militia.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Losthief; November 14, 2018 at 10:57 PM. Reason: answered question, proposed solution, uploaded files
    LOSTHIEF

Miles

Yey, I love it, thanks alot!

I just wonder, when did this change and why nobody else wonders about it, if you right click the unit card, you still see the old model.
    I, as well, remember playing Genoa like eight, nine years ago without that issue, shrug.

Many thanks still though, that fixes the issue well enough!

Maybe it was a revert from 6.3 to 6.4 (6.4 is only 7 years old i think)? Or my base install of 6.4 is corrupted but shouldn't be as it was new one i used. I'll look into it both of those later.

Honestly i never noticed till you brought it up, but i never play as genoa so that isn't surprising. It may of been something reported and planned for the lost 6.5 patch and/or 7.0 versions...but the mod team never finished those so I can't say.

Anyways i'll install a 6.3 one and check it out. But my best guess is maybe your remembering 6.1 or 6.2. I never played them or have them currently installed tho so i can't say.

p.s. let me know if i missed a one of the captains anywhere, i think i got them all, but there might be another i missed. Just post here and i'll hunt it down if so. I didn't do anything (assuming they have special textures) for the king/heir general so they might still be colored wrong. If they are let me know and i'll get around to figuring that out sometime if i can.
    Last edited by Losthief; November 15, 2018 at 06:04 AM.
    LOSTHIEF

Miles

Will have a look around when I get back to playing it. In the meantime I just thank you, I guess !