Thread: [Submod] War Weariness for FotE + EP Revised

Default [Submod] War Weariness for FotE + EP Revised

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1557121507

I decided to create experimental addon for my mod that utilizes War Weariness known from Charlemagne campaign. I didn't test it very deeply, but it seems the mod doesn't inflict more problems for AI than usually it has, at least at first rounds (ca 20 it is still ok).
    Actually parameters are a bit lowered (-1 less penalties for events) + it also reworks diplomacy the way similar to AoC to keep factions more willing for peace when they are at the wall.

Thanks to Isoft for his mod/scripting help and [HCP] Uncle Billy for idea to modify diplomacy stats.

This version requires MAGA, if there are any requests i will create non-MAGA version. Remember to use MAGA wisely, it is not meant to be cheat mod.
    Last edited by Cgma; November 04, 2018 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] War Weariness for FotE + EP Revised

This seems to be working quite well, 50 turns in. CAI are more reluctant to wage a long war. Personally, I love a slow, strategic game.

Yeah, i'm still looking into 12 TPY, but i have no idea what to do with generic AI incomes and how to set monthly incomes to be relevant, keeping those of 4TPY is just no-go, that is too much, lowering by /4 is just no-go, as factions won't develop there might be kinda solution to multiple cost of building structures, but there will be still no balance with upkeep costs as increasing them kill any faction. Another thing is how to balance politics, because standard in all 12TPY i saw is that your game is finished at about 1/4 time. So world about 415-420 AD is resolved like in 450-455 in 4TPY. Actually it seems 4TPY keeps best balance possible and adding WW allows more political options yet being a choice for advanced/hardcore gamers rather.
    What i still hate the most are those random war declarations that you can cancel with immediate peace offer + getting money for it. That's the best climate/balance killer made by CA.
    Last edited by Cgma; November 06, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgma View Post
    Yeah, i'm still looking into 12 TPY, but i have no idea what to do with generic AI incomes and how to set monthly incomes to be relevant, keeping those of 4TPY is just no-go, that is too much, lowering by /4 is just no-go, as factions won't develop there might be kinda solution to multiple cost of building structures, but there will be still no balance with upkeep costs as increasing them kill any faction. Another thing is how to balance politics, because standard in all 12TPY i saw is that your game is finished at about 1/4 time. So world about 415-420 AD is resolved like in 450-455 in 4TPY. Actually it seems 4TPY keeps best balance possible and adding WW allows more political options yet being a choice for advanced/hardcore gamers rather.
    What i still hate the most are those random war declarations that you can cancel with immediate peace offer + getting money for it. That's the best climate/balance killer made by CA.
    Totally. That random deceleration thing really frustrates me