Thread: Any new about the next version of Somnium Apostatae?

Default Any new about the next version of Somnium Apostatae?

Hi team of Somnium Apostatae Iuliani! I would like to know if you have did advances in the next version of the mod

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Any new about the next version of Somnium Apostatae?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Hi team of Somnium Apostatae Iuliani! I would like to know if you have did advances in the next version of the mod
    .. " VEXATA QUAESTIO " ..

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Not at this stage. Priority is on finishing RO which is getting closer by the minute you will all be glad to hear. Then there is the Constantine mod. After that I will return SAI.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Not at this stage. Priority is on finishing RO which is getting closer by the minute you will all be glad to hear. Then there is the Constantine mod. After that I will return SAI.
    Oh great! So we are now more close than ever to the release of RO not? And we will have another preview before it or just the first release?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

We are. I assume there will be more previews but that will depend on Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    We are. I assume there will be more previews but that will depend on Joar.
    Awesome! In that case maybe we could have some preview this Christmas to celebrate the birth of Chirst and the rebirth of Sol Invictus ?

If i can give my modest contribute, in the meantime of waiting the new SAI release, i would release a little minimod in which i'm going to add some new roman units ( someone based even on Julianus previews about the new comitatenses and palatinae dudes ). Be aware: this minipatch would work just on the 361 AD campaign ( empire just reunited ). Obviously, and i underline this passage, if Julianus Heraclianus gives me the permission.

I'm freeing a lot of slots already occupied by some units ( redundant ones like barbarian aux, limitanei aux, mercs, west-east duplicate/quadrupled ecc... ) in order to implement 2 pseudocomitatenses, 5 comitatenses, 2 palatinae, zhayedan cav recruitable even as regular unit ( i am fond of these guys in "Sax" games ), and some unit_stats/traits_descr little adjustments.

Regarding the graphic part, i'm just using additional material from IC minimod ( shields ), plus a bit of my own .

To these days i'm about halfway .

Here an example ( Matiarii Constantes shield ):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  
    Last edited by sftonix; November 06, 2018 at 05:35 AM.