Thread: Vanilla mod help ??

Default Vanilla mod help ??

Hi I used to play RTW years ago it’s been some time since I have played pc games I’ve just got my self a old xp gaming pc just to play this game in my spare time I’m interested in the vanilla mod the problem is for me the pc won’t handle the unit card size the pc meets the requirements for the game but I don’t think it will handle the large scale battles.

My my question is there a easy was to edit the units card size

thanks for any help

Default Re: Vanilla mod help ??

Quote Originally Posted by Agustas Caesar View Post
    Hi I used to play RTW years ago it’s been some time since I have played pc games I’ve just got my self a old xp gaming pc just to play this game in my spare time I’m interested in the vanilla mod the problem is for me the pc won’t handle the unit card size the pc meets the requirements for the game but I don’t think it will handle the large scale battles.

My my question is there a easy was to edit the units card size

thanks for any help
    On the main menu screen, click on Options and on the Options screen click on Video Settings.
    On the Video Settings screen check the Show advanced options box.
    On the right side is a box for Unit Scale. Huge = 160 size infantry, Large is 80, Normal is 40 and Small 20.
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Julius Caesar II View Post
    On the main menu screen, click on Options and on the Options screen click on Video Settings.
    On the Video Settings screen check the Show advanced options box.
    On the right side is a box for Unit Scale. Huge = 160 size infantry, Large is 80, Normal is 40 and Small 20.
    Thanks Gaius, I thought it might have to be done in the games files

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@Agustas Caesar you can also change units to a custom size using preferences in your directory, whether it be RTW/BI or ALX depending which engine the mod you have is played on.

I often set mine to 120 which is between large(80) and huge(160), there are several other settings you can alter in there as well eg. disable the green arrows or event cutscenes, just remember to click on file and then save before you exit
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; November 05, 2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: additional info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre