Thread: Some bugs, 2.3.002

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Default Some bugs, 2.3.002

I'm getting a crash and this seems to be the culprit.
    In only one of these lines(the first instance), Spain is included in the list of nations allowed, but does not get this unit in the EDU. This throws up an error, not sure if that is the cause of the crash or not.

*line numbers may not be exact as I've inserted some units to make them available for this campaign.

recruit_pool "SYzhongsheshouHan" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions...

03:00:34.179 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rotk/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 836, column 333
    unit(SYzhongsheshouHan) does not match up to the ownership for faction(spain)

These are some of the repeated errors listed multiple times in my log. Line numbers will be slightly off.

03:00:34.569 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rotk/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9138, column 3
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to militia_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to militia_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    03:00:34.569 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rotk/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9138, column 3
    The log file in its entirety below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    03:00:32.386 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    03:00:32.386 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    03:00:32.386 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    03:00:34.179 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rotk/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 836, column 333
    unit(SYzhongsheshouHan) does not match up to the ownership for faction(spain)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to militia_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to city_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to army_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to royal_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to cavalry_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to hippodrome (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to circus_maximus (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to practice_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to archery_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to siege_engineer (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to militia_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to city_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to army_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to royal_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to cavalry_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to hippodrome (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to circus_maximus (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to practice_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to archery_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to siege_engineer (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to city_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to army_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to royal_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to cavalry_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to hippodrome (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to circus_maximus (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to practice_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to archery_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to siege_engineer (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to city_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to army_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to royal_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to cavalry_barracks (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to hippodrome (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to circus_maximus (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to practice_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to archery_range (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to siege_engineer (unavailable at level zero)
    03:00:48.771 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Some bugs, 2.3.002

Nothing in there should cause a crash.

That one spain entry in EDB for SYzhongsheshouHan shouldn't have been there, but spain never would've met the conditions to attempt to recruit that unit. Regardless, it has been removed from EDB for the future. The slave and papal_states gaps are fine as well, and shouldn't cause a problem in campaign, but could be cleaned up anyways just to remove the entries in the log.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Hello, I'm currently playing with 2.3.002, I have noticed a bug with ladders in siege assault vs small cities: the ladders are far higher than the walls. There wasn't such an issue in 2.3.001.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello, I'm currently playing with 2.3.002, I have noticed a bug with ladders in siege assault vs small cities: the ladders are far higher than the walls. There wasn't such an issue in 2.3.001.

cheers.
    Please refer to this thread. Essentially the issue is on your end, either because of faulty install, Virtual store, or something else (specifically with descr_walls.txt and/or export_descr_buildings.txt), as we cannot reproduce the issue.

Also, please refer to this PM I sent to AlexTW17:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether
    Large and Huge cities were given new battle maps in v2.3.000, as they used to use the same battle map as City.

Can you manually check some of the entries in your files? Go to data/descr_walls.txt . Make sure that level 2 , level 3 and level 4 have the" siege_tower_size" medium entry below them. Such as this:
    Code:
    	level 2
    	siege_tower_size medium
    Also, go to data/export_descr_buildings.txt . Make sure that large_stone_wall and huge_stone_wall buildings have wall_level 2 listed as a capability. Such as this:

Code:
            large_stone_wall requires factions ...
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 2
    Code:
            huge_stone_wall requires factions ...
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 2
    And finally, go to data/world/maps/base and delete the map.rwm file so that it will regenerate when you start a new campaign. Note that you will not be able to continue a previous campaign by doing this (or having to edit the other 2 text files).

If all the entries are correct, and the problem persists, then something in your system is blocking the changes.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the clarification.I may have inadvertently caused the issue, by forgetting to delete the map.rwm.I'm on turn 127 of my latest campaign and have had no fatal crashes.

Hello, thanks for your reply,

I have checked the files you mentioned in your post above, the values on my files are correct, they are the same you stated in your post.
    also, in the export_descr_building file, the "stone_wall" has "wall_level 1" under capability, which is correct as well, I think.

I always delete the map.rwm file after I install a new patch of the mod, before starting my first campaign; now I wonder, what if deleting the map.rwm is the culprit for the ladders being too high? could it be that the the patch provides a new map.rwm with correct values, and if I delete it the newly created map.rwm has wrong values? I guess this is unlikely, but I don't know...

anyway, it's not a big issue, I use towers and ram only in sieges, for the moment; I note that towers have the correct size in my game.

thanks for keep working on the mod.

I have the same problem as you. The thing i found it weird is, this happen to me when i took patch 2.3. I uninstall the game 4 times, i disable UAC/Antivirus It didn't work. The walls are ok, i mean, i test this in version 2.0, they are perfect, in 2,3 patch the ladders and the siege tower are bugged only on the first version of stone wall (not large-huge ones). Seeker tried to help me a lot, but i couldn't fix it. So as i see you have this problem only with the ladders? And on the stone walls? Not the large/huge stone walls, the simple ones. I am trying to found the height of the ladders/siege tower in some files, but i searched kinda everywhere, and i couldn't found them, any ideea where they could be? I am thinking they are wrong for us somehow..

Edit my previous post: I just discovered I have the siege tower issue with minor cities, the tower is too high compared to the walls; now I'm wondering, could it be that in "descr_walls" file, the minor city (which is "level 2" if I'm correct) should have "siege_tower_size small" instead of "medium"?

after all, the minor city wall doesn't seem so much higher than the large town one.

Minor city uses the "stone_wall", which is level 1 and needs siege_tower_size small. The same for Large Towns and their "wooden_wall". Large city and Huge city use "large_stone_wall" and "huge_stone_wall", respectively, and they are wall level 2 and use siege_tower_size medium.

As I said previously, the files are correct and I cannot reproduce the issue (I even did a recent re-install with the public files you used), meaning something on your end is "blocking" those changes. Usually this is indicative of Virtual Store, as the game will refer to what is in the Virtual Store, not the game/mod folder, essentially not allowing certain changes to be made in the mod folder.

These are the relevant entries for Large Towns and Minor Cities:
    descr_walls
    Code:
    ; TALL WOODEN WALLS
    wall
    {
    	level 1
    	siege_tower_size small
    export_descr_buildings
    Code:
            wooden_wall requires factions { barbarian, middle_eastern, eastern_european, northern_european, greek, southern_european, }
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 1
    Code:
            stone_wall requires factions { barbarian, middle_eastern, eastern_european, northern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource AA01-Gov or hidden_resource AA02-Gov
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 1
    And these are the relevant entries for Large and Huge Cities
    descr_walls
    Code:
    ; SMALL STONE/TOWN WALLS
    wall
    {
    	level 2
    	siege_tower_size medium
    export_descr_buildings
    Code:
            large_stone_wall requires factions { barbarian, middle_eastern, eastern_european, northern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource AA01-Gov or hidden_resource AA02-Gov
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 2
    Code:
            huge_stone_wall requires factions { barbarian, middle_eastern, eastern_european, northern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource AA01-Gov or hidden_resource AA02-Gov
            {
                capability
                {
                    wall_level 2

http://prntscr.com/lc99wo
    http://prntscr.com/lc9aob
    I did everything is saying in that virtual store tutorial.

Hello Seether, concerning your post #9:

sorry for bothering again, but I think that the minor city level, which should be, in descr_walls file, if I'm correct:

; SMALL STONE/TOWN WALLS
    wall
    {
    level 2

should have siege_tower_size small, and not medium; otherwise, why there are 3 small stone/town walls levels in the file? (level 2, level 3 and level 4) There should be only 2 (large city and huge city, level 3 and level 4 respectively?).

I'm under the impression that the game reads the minor city as:

; SMALL STONE/TOWN WALLS
    wall
    {
    level 2
    siege_tower_size medium

therefore it applies medium size ladders and towers in siege assault, whereas they should be small size ones.

Shouldn't the above mentioned entry in descr_walls file have siege_tower_size small instead of medium?

Sorry if I'm bothering, I admit I'm very ignorant about this technical issues, if I'm wrong I let this discussion go.

cheers.

I see why you would think that, but the answer is no. If you look at export_descr_buildings, you will notice that no walls use levels 3 or 4; the only levels used are 0, 1 and 2.

0 - disallows use of ladders and siege towers, uses siege_tower_size too_small
    1 - shortest scale-able walls, uses siege_tower_size small. Large Towns and City (minor city) use this, as their walls are the same height.
    2 - taller than level 1, needs taller ladders and siege towers; therefore uses siege_tower_size medium. Large city and Huge city use this, as their walls are taller than Large Town and City

The game reads whatever you define in EDB and descr_walls. The "; SMALL STONE/TOWN WALLS" and similar entries are just leftover references from vanilla, so they don't mean anything. So if you have stone_wall listed as level 1 in EDB, and level 1 uses siege_tower_size small in descr_walls, then that size ladders/towers will appear when attacking a settlement with stone_wall as its core_building; in this case City (minor city). As was said before, large_town (wooden_wall) and city (stone_wall) have the same wall height, so that is why they both have level 1 in EDB. Same with large_stone_wall and huge_stone_wall. As far as I can recall large towns and minor cities have not, since v1.0, had their battle map changed, which means their EDB level used (1) and the corresponding siege_tower_size (small) for level 1 has not been changed in years. All that was changed in v2.3 for settlements was new battle maps for large and huge cities, changing their respective walls level to 2, and changing siege_tower_size to medium for level 2.

Do you guys have other mods installed? Let me explain why I ask... The tallest "normal model" siege tower and ladder size is actually medium (level 2). Level 3 is the same height as level 1, so shorter than level 2 (I know, it's weird), while level 4 uses a completely different siege tower model and no ladders. The model of your siege tower is the correct one (level 1 and 2), but the height is way too high. It seems as if the level 1 ladder/tower height is the same as the level 2 ladder/tower height. Since we use vanilla ladders/towers, the only way that could occur is if the vanilla towers/ladders (for level 1) were modded to be taller. More than likely this is from another mod that has much higher walls than ours. If you have other mods installed, or have had other mods installed, and they modified the vanilla siege tower/ladder models for level 1 heights (because of their higher walls), that could be your problem. As I said before, I did a full reinstall of the same files you all use, and have no other mods installed, and I can't reproduce the problem.
    Last edited by Seether; October 31, 2018 at 08:12 AM.

Thank you for your detailed reply, I see now that the matter is far more complex than I thought, but thanks to your explanation I think I understand it a bit more now.

The wall_level values in my ROTK EDB seem to be correct (level 1 for wooden wall and stone wall, level 2 for large stone wall and huge stone wall). siege tower values are correct in the descr_walls file as well.

Indeed I have three other mods installed, EBII, DAC and Bellum Crucis.

thank you again for spending time explaining this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I see why you would think that, but the answer is no. If you look at export_descr_buildings, you will notice that no walls use levels 3 or 4; the only levels used are 0, 1 and 2.

0 - disallows use of ladders and siege towers, uses siege_tower_size too_small
    1 - shortest scale-able walls, uses siege_tower_size small. Large Towns and City (minor city) use this, as their walls are the same height.
    2 - taller than level 1, needs taller ladders and siege towers; therefore uses siege_tower_size medium. Large city and Huge city use this, as their walls are taller than Large Town and City

The game reads whatever you define in EDB and descr_walls. The "; SMALL STONE/TOWN WALLS" and similar entries are just leftover references from vanilla, so they don't mean anything. So if you have stone_wall listed as level 1 in EDB, and level 1 uses siege_tower_size small in descr_walls, then that size ladders/towers will appear when attacking a settlement with stone_wall as its core_building; in this case City (minor city). As was said before, large_town (wooden_wall) and city (stone_wall) have the same wall height, so that is why they both have level 1 in EDB. Same with large_stone_wall and huge_stone_wall. As far as I can recall large towns and minor cities have not, since v1.0, had their battle map changed, which means their EDB level used (1) and the corresponding siege_tower_size (small) for level 1 has not been changed in years. All that was changed in v2.3 for settlements was new battle maps for large and huge cities, changing their respective walls level to 2, and changing siege_tower_size to medium for level 2.

Do you guys have other mods installed? Let me explain why I ask... The tallest "normal model" siege tower and ladder size is actually medium (level 2). Level 3 is the same height as level 1, so shorter than level 2 (I know, it's weird), while level 4 uses a completely different siege tower model and no ladders. The model of your siege tower is the correct one (level 1 and 2), but the height is way too high. It seems as if the level 1 ladder/tower height is the same as the level 2 ladder/tower height. Since we use vanilla ladders/towers, the only way that could occur is if the vanilla towers/ladders (for level 1) were modded to be taller. More than likely this is from another mod that has much higher walls than ours. If you have other mods installed, or have had other mods installed, and they modified the vanilla siege tower/ladder models for level 1 heights (because of their higher walls), that could be your problem. As I said before, I did a full reinstall of the same files you all use, and have no other mods installed, and I can't reproduce the problem.
    Ty for explain to us. Well i have some mods installed TATW with DAC, Got, and Steel.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Rebels spawning in unreachable areas.

Rebels spawning in unreachable areas. *See attached screenshot.
    I've included the location of said rebel spawns. I'm unsure if this is happening elsewhere.
    I realize that no further updates are scheduled until the release of 3.0 but, I just thought you should be aware.
    Also, its my understanding that the presence of rebels in your territory have a detrimental effect on your faction, be it, monetarily or devastation, ect... If this is indeed the case, it is impossible to remove them at the moment, due to the current naming convention.
    Any ideas on how to work-around this issue?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotk.jpg  
    Last edited by Otterbear; November 03, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

Outside of finding their name and moving them via console, no. To find their name, hover over the character and write the name down. Go to data/text/names.txt and Ctrl+f to find the name; the prefix should be M-21 (ie: M-21-0034-Xm). That will be the character's name and you can use the console command to move them somewhere else.

There's a rebel spawn value near the top of descr_strat.txt. If you set that value very high (like 9999), you pretty much won't get any rebel spawns. Maybe the better idea will be to add like -10% to law for walls to represent rebels/bandits influence or a building chain with patrols.

Otterbear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Outside of finding their name and moving them via console, no. To find their name, hover over the character and write the name down. Go to data/text/names.txt and Ctrl+f to find the name; the prefix should be M-21 (ie: M-21-0034-Xm). That will be the character's name and you can use the console command to move them somewhere else.
    Thanks again, Seether.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasas
    There's a rebel spawn value near the top of descr_strat.txt. If you set that value very high (like 9999), you pretty much won't get any rebel spawns. Maybe the better idea will be to add like -10% to law for walls to represent rebels/bandits influence or a building chain with patrols.
    Thanks Gasas, however, its not the rebels I'm worried about, they actually give me a bit of an opportunity for my armies to gain some experience. Its just that these particular rebels were spawning in areas I couldn't reach and would not go away.