Thread: I have purged my life of reddit because Reddit Is bad for society and you should too.

Default I have purged my life of reddit because Reddit Is bad for society and you should too.

Who else agrees with me? Especially when subs like /r/the_donald are allowed to exist I can not in my life support such a platform that openly excuses that. The MAGAbomber was the last straw for me and mot to mention that constant flow of negative information is terrible for your mental health in the long run.
    Last edited by Star_destroyer; October 27, 2018 at 04:23 PM.

Default Re: I have purged my life of reddit because Reddit Is bad for society and you should too.

Same.

Best ever description of the Mudpit.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    This is what radicalization looks like, when someone dwells rather too long in the darkest recesses of online bigotry and feels the need to project this filth on others as if they were the honeyed words of some messiah guru or mahdhi.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: I have purged my life of reddit because Reddit Is bad for society and you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_destroyer View Post
    Who else agrees with me? Especially when subs like /r/the_donald are allowed to exist I can not in my life support such a platform that openly excuses that. The MAGAbomber was the last straw for me and mot to mention that constant flow of negative information is terrible for your mental health in the long run.
    Just.. don't go onto those subreddits?

Agreed. People are actually being murdered over rubbish posted on social media.

Also choose your vote wisely.
    You might want to move this to the political academy, its a better fit.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

You might want to move this to the political academy, its a better fit.
    Will do! Mods do your thing!

Just.. don't go onto those subreddits?
    Why bother when the admins do nothing about the problem? Places like /r/the_donald dont just appear overnight and if you go to the announcement page you can see they constantly make excuses as to why they should not ban it remember when spez mentioned /r/the_donald being valuable discussion? yeah....

it's like inviting Hitler to your house only to have him sleeping in your bed. it's pure insanity.
    Last edited by Star_destroyer; October 27, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

Will do! Mods do your thing!

Why bother when the admins do nothing about the problem? Places like /r/the_donald dont just appear overnight and if you go to the announcement page you can see they constantly make excuses as to why they should not ban it remember when spez mentioned /r/the_donald being valuable discussion? yeah....

it's like inviting Hitler to your house only to have him sleeping in your bed. it's pure insanity.
    Freedom of Expression includes the freedom to voice opinions that are offensive to others or just nonsensical. I've never been on that particular part of reddit but I'm pretty sure I've seen/heard people in real life as well as in ordinary forums (such as this one) express worse things than anything written over there.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The "problem" you seem to have is free speech. It bothers you that someone somewhere else on the website has a platform to express opinions you disagree with. Rather than ignoring that someplace else that you wouldn't normally use anyway you demand it be changed to suit your wants. It's like moving city because there's some club on the other side of it that plays country music, which you don't like, and they wouldn't stop despite you wanting them to.
    And no, having people express opinion, however vile, is nothing like having Hitler in your house. Hitler did more than just express opinions.

Katsumoto de Voltaire's Avatar laughs boisterously
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor Citizen

Closed pending improvement of OP. Please read:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...it-Forum-Rules
    'There are clearly two sides, and those two sides are not the same. The right is more insular; it’s more extreme; it’s more partisan,” Faris said of the findings. “That’s not a subjective opinion; that’s an empirical observation. And much of what we try to do in this book is to document that and understand what it means and how it’s reflected in different behavior.'

Network Propaganda: Manipulation, Disinformation, and Radicalization in American Politics