Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposal - Five Censors

Default Re: Proposal - Five Censors

Three points to improve how the Curia functions

Have three censors that rotate; two sit on the ae while the third breaks any ties.
    Have referrals go directly to the Curator. The Curator can attempt to "mediate" and forestall any "questionable" referrals before it becomes "official." This would remove anonymity.
    The Curator would act as a moderator and oversee all functions of the Curia is done according to the Constitution.

If you are an incumbent official whose position is up for election and it is the end of your second term, then do not announce your intention to re-apply until the last two days of the application process. An actual rule may be undemocratic.

Okay sure, but of what of the lack of members who would want to do the role? I for one, am wholly uninterested and I am sure that there are others who feel that way. I dont think there are enough people interested in doing the job.

For poops and giggles, remove the triumvirate, introduce a jury system. each time there is a referral, the Curator will ask for a volunteer. Any and all who qualify to sit as "Censors" for that case. The procedure is the same as it is now.
    Advantage: No more elections for censors. Anyone interested can volunteer and be a part of the process. The Curator then can vet and mediate any submitted citizen referrals.

Current requirements
    Minimal three months as a citizen
    No moderation or Curatorial warning for 1 year (most likely changed to 6 months)
    Cannot volunteer if you are the referrer or referred.

I will be willing to bet people will volunteer for one or two cases just for the fun of it. If we must, we can restrict to no more 12.. do we dare think of this? LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12