Thread: Condottiere's Take on Tyrion

Default Condottiere's Take on Tyrion

I got bored playing Shogun, and upgraded to Warhammer, since on the whole, it's cheaper than buying Rome and all it's supplements.

Out of the gate, I picked Tyrion, since I used to kick ass and chew bubblegum on the tabletop with him; interestingly enough, you can still send him out by himself and chew through any number of regiments; he can be unhorsed, and still speedbump three regiments, and slowly attrition them.

On the waterfront, one of my captains got chased to the shore by a bunch of Mummies; since being outnumbered, he couldn't be their daddy, so being horsed, I decided to see if he could outrun a bunch of zombies on land: he could.

Decided that in order to canonize the campaign, Lothern would effect a union with Avelorn; I had managed to hold six settlements, Alarielle had fourteen, and after investing some influence and a dowry of twenty five thousand guineas, I suddenly found that she's really high maintenance. I had managed to accumulate a war chest of over three hundred kay, and was running a deficit of ten kay plus as I defended my ritual sites, but in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the island of Ulthuan, it tripled my deficit, which is unsustainable. So like in most marriages, where money becomes the issue, I divorced her.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Default Re: Condottiere's Take on Tyrion

High Elves are great seafarers, and as soon as you can spare them, or just recruit a crop of low caste captains, you should send them on a scavenger hunt, at least three, optimally five, in different directions.

The salvage locations will regenerate to make it worthwhile to keep them on continuous five year voyages to boldly go where no Elf has gone before, and just retrace those routes over and over again.

Default Re: Condottiere's Take on Tyrion

It's important to ensure that High Elves maximize their campaign movements, especially if you go scavenging, since as a single captain stack, you'll likely be outnumbered, and then you'll have to maake a run for it, not that it's advisable for exploratory missions to get into combat, despite the inherent regeneration of the units.

Another side benefit of having your enemies attempt too intercept your treasure hunters, is that they could be anywhere from a third to full stacks of twenty units chasing after you; now, I very much suspect the game cheats in ensuring every other faction has slush funds to pay their soldiers upkeep, but you can lead them very far away from the front line.