Thread: Is there anything in this mod that limits number of armies?

Default Is there anything in this mod that limits number of armies?

It is my understanding that until the Napoleonic wars states only really fielded one or two armies and defeating those usually meant the other side was done. Is there anything in this mod that changes the normal late game where each faction has a dozen 20 stacks?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Is there anything in this mod that limits number of armies?

Money. For some small factions - or an aggressive player losing a lot of troops - also recruitment pools. But usually, it's about money that is very limited unless you play a strong faction.

Eg. data for Poland - have a look how few heavy units I field (admittedly, many units serve as garrisons, what also may be seen in the data)
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!