Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skylli faction submods- MINAS MORGUL released

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Balchoth Clan submod - UPDATE 4

I've done some texturing myself, and I think you should get permission to modify the Loke-whatever-name-is-I-forget because that shield texture doesn't line up with the model very well. Also, I understand your want of elite units but you should keep in mind that these aren't elves, dwarves, or numenoreans, these are middling men who will never outclass the above. Just some suggestions for ya.

So I see the new unit has recived both ends of opinions, personally im not too happy of how it looks, I mean I like the unit but there is that eastern feel just missing and I dont know what aspect to add to it to make it feel more eastern, I want it to have an iconic part of armor( wings in this case) but I dont know of anything eastern that I could put insted of wings, if you guys know of any such parts feel free to send them to me, and the color will be more lightish grey and im thinking of actually replacing the plate armor with something else

As for the stats, I plan on doing all the stats after i finish the units, and this uber elite with hammer I really dont see why eastern men shouldnt be able to field a couple of really really good men ( you coud argue about nazg-hai as well then), I mean its not like DaC is tolkien 100% accuracy, mainstream elites will never stand up to numenoreans, dwarves and they will die of arrow fire before they even reach the elves

I don't see anything wrong with these units but if you're looking for a more Easterling type of look you should consider adding more details such as colours, patterns or different types of metals for their armour. On the other hand, history can also be a very good source of inspiration when it comes to units.

One word for easterling look, dragons, big, small. And to clear up the confusion you said the wonged units would rival nazg-hai, potentially the best shock troop in game.

And i meant it, they are hard to get aswell and are avaliable in 4 towns across the map, some being very remote and big men could hit as hard as uruks, the only difference being that nazg hai have 2 hp while theese elite units will have 1

Well nazg-hai are the finest of saruman's creations when he has the ring. And it makes sens they outclass most dwarves and elves. You could make a ring script or something explaining these new units but I feel without explanation they are strange.

But the nazg hai have 2 hitpoints because they are sarumans creations, and that is the only thing that will win them the fight against my elites but it was never stated anywhere that urk-hai hit harder than men or that they are better warriors, plus for my elites script haard will be involved and they have troll men so them mixed with rhuns armor capabilities and some khamul witchcraft I can see a good reason why theese guys should have hardest hitting attacks

On a side note how will there campaign be? Good? evil? Ethier or?
    If evil perhaps make them at war with rhun with a script like unite the clans. Would prevent them from unbalancing the war in the east.

Right now im thinking they will be allied to Dol Guldur and in war with Rohan and Gondor, the rest will be up to players to decide, however going to war with good/evil factions will not result in the other side liking you like the script for enedwaith for example, for all im concidered they could attack rhun, mordor or dorwinion at any time, howver attacking evil factions breakes their alliance with DG
    War with Rohan and Gondor is purely historical and will probably have no effect but it is what it is

Default Re: Balchoth Clan submod - UPDATE 4 changed

I have changed the look of the shock elite troop, and now I like it much better, however I do want to use the model from before so if you guys have any suggestons which unit the hammer unit could replace or where could I add it feel free to post, of course it doesnt have to be Balchoth Clan

Selerz's Avatar Civis

What an incredible work you have done. Do you work with 3D graphics or is it just something you learned on your free time? I also think you should show off your units in the highest graphic setting 🙂

I started learning 3d modeling for M2TW about a month ago, and I always forget to inrease the graphic settings , but when im done im gonna show off the entire army in hq dont worry

It seem like a great idea, the whole project I mean and I can't wait to see the final result. Keep up the great work!

Just to make a quick update, im working on the rest of the units and I dont plan on releasing any updates untill i finish the whole roster that i have planed right now, when I do finish ill make their stats, UI and everything and post a big update with everything you need to know about the army compostion

some changes were done, so check the first post

Tar-Falassion's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Balchoth Clan submod - full army preview

So, i guess that the look of your Balchoth units is still somewhat WIP, especially for tier 1 and some later units (in my opinion they look a lot like Southron units). Do you think about maybe giving them, as well as the faction, some Hungarian/Rus outlook eventually?
    Considering their lore history and their geographical starting area they pretty much correspond to a North-Eastern culture, and even if they retain the "Men of the East" culture/religion, some level of variety would definitely be welcome, especially considering such cultures are not very explored in DaC (or in LotR in general).
    (just my two cents though, feel free to explain what your plans are for their general outlook)

This is the final look of the army, they were once a clan of rhun and when they fled into the east khamul came and recruited them, thats why their early tier units look similar to khamuls easterling units and the elites in my opinion look different from other eastern factions, ofcourse there are similar things but thats because they originated from rhun and therefore have the same culture, russian and hug culture in my mind sings cold weather and hardy folk which is way off for what i have in mind for balchoth and that is islamic warriors with armor, in DaC rhun is presented as one nation with all the clans, but it wasnt like that all the time, there were multiple clans that could unite under the rhunic banner, with balchoth i think being the biggest of all before they were slaughtered thats why there are similarities between theese 2 factions
    About the units looking like southorns, maybe thats because of the flag on the back which is only carried by the BG of harad, but to be honest I never like the look of haradrim units and I dont feel bad at all about taking the thing i liked ( the flags on the back) and adding it to my units

So I am getting closer and closer to having this submod completed (there are some texts, all the scripts and strategy models to be done), but I have encountered a problem, no matter how much I try I just cant get the custom startegy models to work, so with this post I am asking anyone that knows how to do the startegy battle models and has some extra time on their hands to make me 3 custom battle map models, and ofcourse their help will be given credit when the mod releases

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Here's a tutorial to help creating strat map models: nhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?792730-Creating-editing-strat-map-character-models

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Amazing job on the Balcoth faction! Thank you, will play alot with them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast