Thread: New Campaign Vibe

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default New Campaign Vibe

Has anyone else noticed that campaigns are siege heavy now? I love it. If you are using BGRIV, you really have to plan ahead of time. When faced with a significant garrison, the amount of casualties that your army will suffer, at least up to the 14th century, makes it a terrible option to storm walls. Supplies run low as you wait for the enemy to surrender, the waiting gives the enemy time to gather a relief force, and the longer the siege lasts the lower morale falls (incentivizing you to sack the city once taken).

Secondary armies are near mandatory now. All the resources required to run a successful campaign are felt heavily if the campaign isn't successful.

If anyone else has noticed any other cascading effects of the new RR/RC, put it out there. I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Default Re: New Campaign Vibe

I find that it is still doable, I usually recruit a secondary halfstack of cheap stuff that I send to the wall grinder while my quality units wait.

It is still a lot easier than Titanium sieges, there the towers shoot a lot more and are more precise, also that one guy made a tower angle value edit so the towers still shot you while you were inside and the enemy still held the wall, horrid stuff

The towers were shooting a lot more frequently before but it was too lethal. We calculated the rate of fire given Superior-quality shooters and how many of them would be likely to be in a tower of a given size. 5x that rate would be a bit...much lol. Plus they get a damage bonus because of their height advantage.

Something I might consider would be to change the bows over to crossbows in later years. I wonder if its possible to alter the weapons used by faction, ie France and the Italian factions using crossbows, English longbows, Mongols and Turks composite bows etc?

Yes, the towers in Titanium are a bit too much.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Can the towers be switched off?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Just mod the weapons out.