Thread: barrage ability

Libertus

Default barrage ability

i noticed that using the barrage ability causes the ai to go berserk and causes their entire army to charge into melee, is there a fix for this or should i just stop using barrage

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: barrage ability

I have not heard of this problem before, I'd stop using it for now. I'll take a look at it
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 15, 2018 at 11:44 PM.

Libertus

it's not a deliberate charge, but more like get extremely close to your lines and if they just happen to touch your men, start a mass brawl, the effect is more obvious on a flat featureless battlefield and when you use the ability when the lines have or about to engage

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeorgr141 View Post
    i noticed that using the barrage ability causes the ai to go berserk and causes their entire army to charge into melee, is there a fix for this or should i just stop using barrage
    It probably is tied to the NTW AI issue that it is hardcoded to always charge\attack at you regardless of distance whenever you target certain units with artillery (especially enemy artillery), which most likely would be combination of using barrage and then giving them a suitable target or anything the AI considers capable of triggering said problem. You could theoretically fix it with packfile manager and editing every artillery unit to have certain feature enabled which bypasses the issue, but it does have the tradeoff AI might be bit more passive than usual (when defending vs human attack) and depending on how the mod handles groupformations and other aspects, it may or may not be worth the tradeoff.