Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vote suppresion by Trump regime has begun

NorseThing's Avatar Moderator

Default Re: Vote suppresion by Trump regime has begun

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/suppression-critics-charge-georgia-gop-gov-candidate-purging-voters-election-n918761

So it seems Trump supporters fear the minority vote and have decided to block them. This has being reported in a number of key states like Georgia and Ohio. Will this purge manage to alter the final outcome of these elections?

I do not see how being a trump supporter now is equal to trump regime. No matter though - thread titles are often deceiving.

In any case, how can a politician as Sec of any state run for any office without being accused of conflict of interest regarding voter registration? This is a story not really about Trump or Trump supporters but about conflicts of interest for any incumbent that controls voter registration or elections at any level of government. This is a purity of Caesar's wife problem.

irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I think the voter suppression myth the democrats love to throw out there is just so they can mentally justify their voter fraud.
    You mean that voter fraud epidemic that conservatives say is happening, yet all evidence points to the contrary? That one?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

The funny thing to me is he has the audacity to claim voter suppression doesnt exist even when GOP admits and celebrates it https://www.thedailybeast.com/north-...d-theyre-right
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I think the voter suppression myth the democrats love to throw out there is just so they can mentally justify their voter fraud.
    What voter fraud?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

the_mango55's Avatar Reppin the Religious Left

Guys it's not the Trump Regime doing this.

It's Republicans in general. They have been supressing minority voters long before Trump got into office and will be supressing votes long after Trump gets out of prison.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen CarnesÓr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Praepositus
    Citizen

Wasn't this a Democrat thing before the "black vote" switched? I'm no expert, my impression is there's been systematic racism against black people participating in US political life since forever. Same probably goes for Hispanic people, is that right?

I have a vague memory the Irish vote in New York was organised through the infamous Tammany Hall system to overcome systematic official interference (very successfully in the event). Its part of some infamous political corruption in the US, along with some truly awful gerrymandering (both ways as I understand it) and voter fraud (again both ways, as I understand it).

If the Republican party has inherited the political factions in the South that oppose black people exercising power its only to be expected they would inherited systematic racist interference in black people's rights. Its a US problem, only partly a Republican problem.

Its definitely not a Trump problem. The guy can't even wipe his own arse without getting paper on his shoe, suggesting he is somehow directing a vast network of neo-Jim-Crow shonkyness beggars belief.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

It's been going on as long as the US has existed.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    The funny thing to me is he has the audacity to claim voter suppression doesnt exist even when GOP admits and celebrates it https://www.thedailybeast.com/north-...d-theyre-right
    Hilarious source, utter rag that.

"brags about RACIST voter suppression"

Did you read the garbage your referenced, it's source? Just because they view the decrease as racist, they can't brand that to be the GOP intent/opinion or that they view the decrease as what they celebrate from the cited source ( nor would that be a negative to be happy about, I celebrate anytime actual and rare neo-nazi lose support or more realistic opposition suffer as I'm sure you do )

Complete nonsense, kinda like the notion of TheDailyBeast doing journalism.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2