Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Vote suppresion by Trump regime has begun

Default Re: Vote suppresion by Trump regime has begun

Voter fraud is a made up boogieman by the right who want to keep African Americans and Hispanics from voting.

Also this is a lie by an man with internalized self hatred.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/13/...l-heres-proof/

This week, liberals have been repeating their frequent claim that voter fraud doesn’t exist. A recent Salon article argues that “voter fraud just isn’t a problem in Pennsylvania,” despite evidence to the contrary. Another article argues that voter fraud is entirely in the imagination of those who use voter ID laws to deny minorities the right to vote.

Yet as the election approaches, more and more cases of voter fraud are beginning to surface. In Colorado, multiple instances were found of dead people attempting to vote. Stunningly, “a woman named Sara Sosa who died in 2009 cast ballots in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.” In Virginia, it was found that nearly 20 voter applications were turned in under the names of dead people.
    Some alt-right nazi's would think the best way to clear this up would be an ID to be presented when one votes but obviously due to the legacy of slavery and racism, this is just an attempt to keep these people from voting.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

the_mango55's Avatar Reppin the Religious Left

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Voter fraud is a made up boogieman by the right who want to keep African Americans and Hispanics from voting.

Some alt-right nazi's would think the best way to clear this up would be an ID to be presented when one votes but obviously due to the legacy of slavery and racism, this is just an attempt to keep these people from voting.
    Well yeah, some people will try to vote for dead people, like this woman who cast a vote for Trump for her dead husband, despite being an election official who should know better.

But she was caught, because the government knows who is dead. You don't need to pass voter ID laws for that, in fact they wouldn't really do anything.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Here are some key points of the Federalist article.

Yet in spite of all this, a report by the Brennan Center at New York University claims voter fraud is a myth. It argues that North Carolina, which passed comprehensive measures to prevent voter fraud, “failed to identify even a single individual who has ever been charged with committing in-person voter fraud in North Carolina.”
    And what was their refutation?

However, this faulty reasoning does not point to the lack of in-person voter fraud, but rather to lack of enforcement mechanisms to identify and prosecute in-person voter fraud.The science of criminal justice tells us that many crimes go unreported, and the more “victimless” the crime, the more this happens. The fact is, a person attempting to commit voter fraud is very unlikely to be caught, which increases the incentive to commit the crime.
    So no data? No proof to the contrary? No attempts to introduce mechanisms that would "catch" them? Perhaps you shouldn't advise a policy that would disenfranchise people when you don't even have the data to prove your allegations...

Let’s follow this logic. Does the fact that 109 people were cited for jaywalking in Seattle in 2009 mean that only 109 people jaywalked in Seattle that year? Does the fact that 103,733 people were cited for driving without a seatbelt in Tennessee in 2015 mean that only that many people were driving without seatbelt in Tennessee in 2015?
    Really? That's the final "argument" I'm supposed to follow when we talk about voter fraud? Voter fraud is a nonexistent problem until you prove otherwise.

For a "scientist" you're posting some pretty questionable research Phier.
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4