Thread: Trees Flickering

Default Trees Flickering

Hi, I can't seem to find a way to stop trees from flickering in Lothlorien. I'm using Third Age with Divide and Conquer.

As you can see in this video, they keep flashing on and off. I tried changing some of the values in descr_geography_new.db under Vegetation_distribution but it didn't really make a difference. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Arkay; October 11, 2018 at 09:51 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Trees Flickering

Maybe too much memory is needed by the tree models, in this case maybe try using tree models with lower poly count?

Try this one out to see if it fixes it or just take the numbers from it. One issue when you make a custom tile with the old .db is I think the map.wfc saves the old veg distribution so you might need to update the custom tile map.wfc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t3...bPQMLhGjN8orTn

I know for botet this fixed the tree flicker even in tropical climate.

All right I kinda fixed the problem, I copied the climate tables from temperate_coniferous_forest to unused2 (Lorien) in the descr_geography_new file. Granted, there's not as many trees as there used to be but that's okay.

The density of trees that can cause a problem is relatively low (I think about 50%) - vanilla Alpine climate has the problem if the battle map ends up with a lot of forest areas