Thread: Script possible? After sacking/exterminating=downgrade of settlement

Default Script possible? After sacking/exterminating=downgrade of settlement

Hiya!

Coming back to Medieval II and Kingdoms after a couple of years.

I'm looking into modding my vanilla to tweak it my personal likings.

I tried to look for a script that downgrades the level of a settlement whenever it has been sacked/exterminated, e.g. Small city=> Large town, Fortress => Castle. My motivation behind this is to be able to apply "scorched earth" tactics in my campaigns. (And to see Paris to be humbled to the level of a pesky village )

Seeing i haven't found any of these scripts, I wonder if this would be hard-coded?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dark_Enlighter; October 11, 2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: confusing title of thread
    "To make oneself an object, to make oneself passive, is a very different thing from being a passive object."
    - Simone de Beauvoir, "The Second Sex"

Default Re: Script possible? After sacking/exterminating=downgrade of settlement

Isn't there a hard-coded downgrade with Exterminate?

Default Re: Script possible? After sacking/exterminating=downgrade of settlement

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Isn't there a hard-coded downgrade with Exterminate?
    That was true with RTW (1), IIRC. For MTW2 CA seems to have removed that action.
    "To make oneself an object, to make oneself passive, is a very different thing from being a passive object."

There's definitely something that happens to wreck the infrastructure in a settlement on Exterminate in M2TW.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Extermination (and Sacking?) can destroy buildings. Settlements can't be downgraded ever, certainly not by script. Wish they could.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Core buildings are destruction (total removal) proof then? That's a pity - could do some cool stuff with that, turning a thriving metropolis into a base village with only a cathedral has something about it

You can script-destroy a core_building building but it doesn't affect the settlement size, therefore not the strat or battle models either.

Blog Entries

I just tried that with BG - London still had it's wooden wall in the building list (bottom of UI).

Code:
    	monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    		destroy_buildings england core_building true
    		terminate_monitor
    	end_monitor

You're right, it doesn't destroy them. Huh, I was sure I tried that, though long ago.

Nor these: mines, roads, farms. destroy_buildings can destroy hinterland buildings so that's not the reason. Rather, because they're hardcoded special buildings I reckon. Ports are too but they can be destroyed, although they can by normal means as well.

Blog Entries

I'll subscribe to the 'hard coded special buildings' theory.

how about destroy and than rebuilding with a lower level

The can't be destroyed.

The destroy_building command only works faction-wide in any case. It would destroy every instance of that building held by that faction, not just one in a targeted settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I just tried that with BG - London still had it's wooden wall in the building list (bottom of UI).

Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
            destroy_buildings england core_building true
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

Cool, thanks for trying. Is there maybe a replace command possible, instead of destroy? London, minor city, stone wall get's sacked => replace building of stone wall with Northern European Large wooden wall?

Just wondering