Thread: [WIP] Suikoden Total War

Default [WIP] Suikoden Total War

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a mod based off the world from the first five Suikoden games as well as Suikoden Tactics. The series is a little obscure but it's my favorite. The mod will take place after the events of Suikoden 3 (chronologically the most recent) and will hopefully feature the following factions:

Harmonia, Dunan, Tinto, Toran, Free Knights of Camaro, Grasslands, Zexen, Nagarea, New Armes, Falena, Island Nations Federation, Kooluk Confederation (invented for this), Kanakan, Zelant,Gaien and maybe Budehuc as a separate faction.

I am putting the map together now and have most of the outline done but I could use help with the other aspects of the mod like unit modeling for example. If anyone would like to contribute any modding experience or even just ideas please let me know. I'd love to just have another hardcore fan to bounce ideas off of. Thanks for reading this and if you're interested reply or PM me.

Default Re: [WIP] Suikoden Total War

Just letting you know I love this idea, Suikoden is one of my favourite series of games! Best of luck with this

Hey Dave, I'm really happy to hear you like the idea. Its nice to know there's another Suikoden/Total War fan. I've got the regions for Toran, Dunan, Kooluk and the Island Nations Federation all set out. I'll throw up a few pictures in a few days once I add a little more scenery and have them a little more presentable.

Indefinitely Banned

Good luck with it! If you need any help, let me know!

Thanks Groudon! I'm going to be moving into units/factions once the map is done. I'd be happy to get your advice/help with that part of it.

Hey, here are some screenshots of the various countries, just a little taste of what it'll look like. As of now its just settlements and basic physical geography. More trees, topography etc. will be added. All cities/fortress for the northern continent are done. Any points that anyone wants to bring up would be welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-39-52-07.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-41-22-99.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-41-34-82.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-41-45-68.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-41-55-37.jpg  

kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-42-03-74.jpg   kingdoms 2016-07-27 20-42-21-17.jpg  

Hey, so I've finished the world map and have begun to slowly customize the appearance and I'll get to units after that.

I wanted to embed some images into this thread so any Suikoden/modding fans can see how its come along.

The Toran Republic

The Dunan Republic

Zexen/Grasslands (also has scenario map on bottom left)

I know the images are a little large sorry about that. If anyone wants to see any other country (Tinto, Harmonia, Armes or whatever) let me know and I can throw it up.

Hi just wanted to update this thread in case anyone was curious if this project was abandoned. I've made a lot of progress in the last month or on things like finishing up on the map, adding in specifics such as city populations, etc., I've done all of the buttons and shields and that stuff although I'm working through a bug where they aren't showing up on the map (they are changed in the faction-selection screen and on top of cities). I've also done all of the faction descriptions and have begun to separate out units for different factions. Since I'm doing this project alone I don't really plan on having a lot of custom units, I'm just aiming for a Duck Clan halberdier (Google it if you're curious, they are cooler than they sound), a Lizard Clan Warrior, and a kobold warrior at the moment. Any other non-Vanilla units (elves, dwarves) I can hopefully grab from other mods (with the original creators' permission of course). Those are the main things. Once they're done I'd say this is ready for a beta. If anyone out there would like to try it let me know and if anyone out there has any unit modeling skills they'd like to bring to bear (for this I think it'd just be mixing and matching models I already have the components and I don't think putting them together would be too hard for someone who knows what they're doing) its really the only part of the project I'm still rather clueless on. Anyway, hope any Suikoden fans out there see this! It's a series that ended way too soon.

good luck and I would love to play a campaign like this since I have played all five suikoden games

Any new on this? It looked interesting.

Hey, so its been about 5 years now (time flies) and I just opened up the files on this again. I might try and start putting it together but I thought at the very least on the off chance that anyone sees this and still wants to see the Suikoden world in Total War that you can at least run it. There's pretty much no units on the map and a huge portion is still vanilla so fair warning on that but if anyone was curious what it looked like I'm going to add the zip file as it is. Here's the download I've never done the link in the forum before so if it doesn't work let me know