Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta)

Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta)

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    That might be possible, I’ll look into it
    that'd be great, thanks.

episode 20 is up: Summer 276, Battle of Mare Adriaticum
    In this episode, a newly raised Roman navy challenges the Epirotes for supremacy in the Adriatic.

episode 21: Aug-Sept 276, is up. this has been recorded post CA's 10 Dec patch. saves and everything else seem to work fine.

also, check out the gameplay based on Europa Barbarorum's newest version (2.35) thats been released recently. this one is based on Antigonos II and his efforts to secure and rebuild Makedonia.

and another playlist for those who like Mount&Blade and its spin offs. this one is using Viking Conquest (Reforged Edition) to recreate the campaigns of the Great Heathen Army led by Ivar the Boneless that landed in England in 865.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 14, 2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Enjoyed the starts of the new series but was worried about no more Epirus game play, glad to hear your still going

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheLonelyEmperor View Post
    glad to hear your still going
    Me too!

thanks for following, gents. this is one of the most engaging DeI campaigns i've ever played. unless something extraordinary happens (data loss etc) this will go on until Pella is ours, at the very least.

Awesome mate! Looking forward to seeing more from ya

Centenarius

Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta) Re: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta)

More catching up, I've been so busy lately.....

Episode 19:

* You should have fought the battle for Cossentia on the battle map. You would have easily won it and preserved Pyrrhus's army.

* Smart move getting Syracuse to finally join your war effort against Rome!

* When the Romans at Asculum attacked your besieging navy notice that their first line of ships would have been the garrison in transports which are very susceptible to ramming attacks. You could have immediately went into the battle and rammed all their transports and then fought an even battle with their naval units or just withdrawn. Your admiral could have stayed safely behind your other naval units while doing this. Either way Rome would have had to reinforce Asculum with one of the armies that are threatening Taras.

Episode 20:

* I could hear the tension and relief in your voice during that naval battle when Alexander had one of his father's Pyrrhic victories against the Roman navy from Asculum. Great job getting out alive!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 14, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    More catching up, I've been so busy lately.....

Episode 19:

* You should have fought the battle for Cossentia on the battle map. You would have easily won it and preserved Pyrrhus's army.

* Smart move getting Syracuse to finally join your war effort against Rome!

* When the Romans at Asculum attacked your besieging navy notice that their first line of ships would have been the garrison in transports which are very susceptible to ramming attacks. You could have immediately went into the battle and rammed all their transports and then fought an even battle with their naval units or just withdrawn. Your admiral could have stayed safely behind your other naval units while doing this. Either way Rome would have had to reinforce Asculum with one of the armies that are threatening Taras.
    i had no idea their first line would have been the garrison in transports. is that always so? was wary of getting bogged down there and getting slaughtered.

Episode 20:

* I could hear the tension and relief in your voice during that naval battle when Alexander had one of his father's Pyrrhic victories against the Roman navy from Asculum. Great job getting out alive!
    ha-ha, yeah, would really hate losing a historical character to this. i have since relieved him of this command.

thanks for watching and for the tips

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i had no idea their first line would have been the garrison in transports. is that always so? was wary of getting bogged down there and getting slaughtered.

ha-ha, yeah, would really hate losing a historical character to this. i have since relieved him of this command.

thanks for watching and for the tips
    Yeah when you first went into the battle choices screen/box you could see that the first fleet you would have encountered was their land garrison in transports. Not sure if it will always do this but it did in your scenario.

Yeah when you first went into the battle choices screen/box you could see that the first fleet you would have encountered was their land garrison in transports. Not sure if it will always do this but it did in your scenario.
    do'h, i payed zero attention to that! will bear this in mind, thank you.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

thanks for following, gents. this is one of the most engaging DeI campaigns i've ever played. unless something extraordinary happens (data loss etc) this will go on until Pella is ours, at the very least.
    I'll have to catch up with the latest part. Glad to hear you're having a great game buddy

thanks for watching.

updated the game to 18 Dec patch and recorded episode 22: Sept 276, The Great Highway Battle.
    In this episode, Romans attempt to eradicate Pyrrhic presence once and for all and mount their biggest offensive to-date.

Centenarius

Episode 21: Well played! That battle was the first time I have seen AI Romans ever bring dogs. Your reaction at the end was interesting as you didn't even notice them during the battle.

Episode 21: Well played! That battle was the first time I have seen AI Romans ever bring dogs. Your reaction at the end was interesting as you didn't even notice them during the battle.
    yep, and im surprised they are still in the mod at all tbh. the weather was so bad, i could hardly see anything on that battlefield. it didnt help that seemed to be evening, too. lost track of my cavalry a few times and in the end if it wasnt for our elephants the Romans would have broken my 'articulating line'. elephants had over 1000 kills. truly saved the day.

Centenarius

yep, and im surprised they are still in the mod at all tbh. the weather was so bad, i could hardly see anything on that battlefield. it didnt help that seemed to be evening, too. lost track of my cavalry a few times and in the end if it wasnt for our elephants the Romans would have broken my 'articulating line'. elephants had over 1000 kills. truly saved the day.
    Perhaps it was the elephants that made those dogs run!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Seems you have the opportunity to capture and fortify into Beneventum.
    It will be interesting to see what what will happen next...

Perhaps it was the elephants that made those dogs run!
    thank gods they didnt bring incendiary pigs into the fray. just imagine a portion of Roman army composed of these formidable beasts of war! my elephants and articulating phalanx would have ran for the hills with the tails between their legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Seems you have the opportunity to capture and fortify into Beneventum.
    It will be interesting to see what what will happen next...
    indeed, this victory in the largest field battle to-date seemed to have opened new prospects i didnt plan for. will definitely consider this possibility.

Yeah that was really surprising, indeed

i guess it was poor visibility made worse by the amount of units on that field: 2 full Roman stacks + about 1.5 Epirote armies. over 12,000 men in total (had a hint of lag couple of times during that battle). plus the new line of sight system.

EDIT: nice avatar, GS
    Last edited by Sarkiss; December 22, 2018 at 01:19 PM.

i guess it was poor visibility made worse by the amount of units on that field: 2 full Roman stacks + about 1.5 Epirote armies. over 12,000 men in total (had a hint of lag couple of times during that battle). plus the new line of sight system.

EDIT: nice avatar, GS
    Τhanks buddy. My bearded brother and our Artist Ritter-Floh made it for me. He is the best

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Τhanks buddy. My bearded brother and our Artist Ritter-Floh made it for me. He is the best
    looking good

so we're no longer in beta, congrats to all involved!
    updated the game (well, Steam did) and so here we have a brand new, based on 1.2.4, episode 23: Oct-Nov 276, Battle of Beneventum
    though obviously based on the older save, this must be the first 1.2.4 letsplay out there? In this episode, the Romans challenge Pyrrhus' advance.

thanks for watching and happy holidays everyone!