Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta)

Default Re: Historical Gameplay, Campaigns of Pyrrhus (1.2.3f beta)

Very much enjoying the series Sarkiss. I enjoy your commentary. It also seems like its going to be a interesting campaign.

Really nice series man, one thing I would ask is to make your hiring and building decisions faster. Sometimes you thinking for two minutes which unit to hire when there is not much of option available really, it gets boring then, especially since we all total war nerds I really like how you did not lose a track of what Pyrrhus did in the past and you advance in your campaign following his steps.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Hello Sarkiss. Could you share a link to the music mod you're using in the game. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    On my list for the upcoming weekend. Cheers
    thanks, hope you'll enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hello Sarkiss. Could you share a link to the music mod you're using in the game. Thanks.
    there you go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...otal+War+Music
    i thought i had working links under the video in description. do they work for anyone? i thought they do but they lead me to the user profile page on Steams, it seems. not sure if its just me? very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Very much enjoying the series Sarkiss. I enjoy your commentary. It also seems like its going to be a interesting campaign.
    thanks, appreciate you watching

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Really nice series man, one thing I would ask is to make your hiring and building decisions faster. Sometimes you thinking for two minutes which unit to hire when there is not much of option available really, it gets boring then, especially since we all total war nerds I really like how you did not lose a track of what Pyrrhus did in the past and you advance in your campaign following his steps.
    thanks for the feedback. i'm a bit guilty here, as i hardly ever play Grand Campaign in western Mediterranean and this is my first ever Epirote campaign so at times im not too sure if im familiar enough with some intricacies. will take it on board, thanks again.

new episode it out, 13: Summer 277, Mastering Sicily
    In this episode, Pyrrhus proceeds with the liberation of Sicily whilst Rome dispatches further forces south.

this episode is tiny bit shorter then usual as i found that my history chatter was a bit too lengthy, so cut much of it out.
    thanks again for following gents

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post

there you go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...otal+War+Music
    i thought i had working links under the video in description. do they work for anyone? i thought they do but they lead me to the user profile page on Steams, it seems. not sure if its just me? very odd.
    I go to steamcommunity.com when I click your music mod link on Youtube. When I click the link in your post here I go to the correct music mod link.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Thanks for the link Sarkiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    I go to steamcommunity.com when I click your music mod link on Youtube. When I click the link in your post here I go to the correct music mod link.
    thanks a lot for checking the links out, Fluke. links to YouTube videos also point to 'video unavailable' will need to figure out a way of fixing them all. simple copy-paste seems to shorten the link and result in misdirection. strangely enough, links to books and online articles work just fine. seems its only the Steam and YouTube links that are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Thanks for the link Sarkiss.
    you're welcome. sorry links in the description dont work. i had no idea. will try to figure the way of fixing them.

Episode 14, Summer-Autumn 277, Fight for Panormos is up.
    In this episode, Pyrrhic forces in Sicily struggle for control.

huge thanks to everyone for watching and giving me pointers. very helpful and motivating. much appreciated.

ps. links in the description under the videos have been fixed for all episodes.

pss. is it intended that Phaedo Hoplitai wear chainmail? also, not sure if there is an issue with skirmish mode? thats still patch from 1 November, btw.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 12, 2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

I wouldn't rely too much on skirmish mode Sarkiss. It just sucks and I don't think DEI modders can do much about it.

That's been like that since the start of Rome II, unit stop retreating from the moment they get engaged in melee, so you have to try and manually make them run away at that point, although light infantry will often start routing if they have to face proper melee troops.

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    I wouldn't rely too much on skirmish mode Sarkiss. It just sucks and I don't think DEI modders can do much about it.
    got you, thanks. i wonder if horse archers have the same issue or is it just foot soldiers? havent played as a nomad faction in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    That's been like that since the start of Rome II, unit stop retreating from the moment they get engaged in melee, so you have to try and manually make them run away at that point, although light infantry will often start routing if they have to face proper melee troops.
    i was surprised that archers dont seem to start retreating at all. it wouldnt be so puzzling once they made contact with the enemy and get 'bogged down', but even before the contact, there seems to be no effort to keep distance. more click-feast for us, i guess.

btw, im not entirely happy with the way the battlefields look. campaign map seems good but once in battle there seems to be an extra layer added that blunts the colours and sharpness. not sure if it youtube or my rendering or both. though it looks better on my machine than it does on youtube once uploaded. im experimenting with new rendering options that are more advanced and take longer but will hopefully deliver better visuals (even if the file size gets ginormous), unless youtube screws the file somehow. also optimising my video setting and got the D.E.I - Graphics Enhancement MOD recommended by seleukos99, as well as updating to the latest patch (10 Nov) so stay tuned.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

btw, im not entirely happy with the way the battlefields look. campaign map seems good but once in battle there seems to be an extra layer added that blunts the colours and sharpness. not sure if it youtube or my rendering or both. though it looks better on my machine than it does on youtube once uploaded. im experimenting with new rendering options that are more advanced and take longer but will hopefully deliver better visuals (even if the file size gets ginormous), unless youtube screws the file somehow. also optimising my video setting and got the D.E.I - Graphics Enhancement MOD recommended by seleukos99, as well as updating to the latest patch (10 Nov) so stay tuned.
    I would strongly suggest Celticus' HD mods and individual FX or GEM presets instead of compilation graphic ones. If you need any help with setting up Reshade or SweetFx, feel free to reach me.
    Take a look here to understand how it works. It's a pending project which I plan to resume as soon as I have free time.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 12, 2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I would strongly suggest Celticus' HD mods and individual FX or GEM presets instead of compilation graphic ones. If you need any help with setting up Reshade or SweetFx, feel free to reach me.
    Take a look here to understand how it works. It's a pending project which I plan to resume as soon as I have free time.
    oh, yes, i was keeping an eye on the project. what are the benefits of the individual presents over compilations? thanks for the input.

Celticus HD mod "Orbis Terrarum" looks amazing in battle, but the campaign map is reaaally heavy on the hardware. I can't play with the mod, and my machine is not too shabby.

You'll have to do some experimentation. I tried celticus' environment mods and just didn't like the aesthetic nor the "everything from attila looks better" mindset that seems to be present. Not to mention dealing with a significant performance drop for something that looks worse to me. Get yourself a nice GEMfx preset and see what else is our there would be my advice

I've never really understood the whole GEMfx preset deal. I've checked the subforum and all I see is a bunch of posts I don't understand. What's the deal and how can apply it/them(?) to my game? Are they regular mod packs?

Keep up the great work Sarkiss.

I've never really understood the whole GEMfx preset deal. I've checked the subforum and all I see is a bunch of posts I don't understand. What's the deal and how can apply it/them(?) to my game? Are they regular mod packs?

The easiest way to probably go about it is to use ad infinitum. It's a mod that uses gemfx with some pre-selected settings and is listed among the R2 steam mods. I'm pretty sure it comes with a walk-through to get you all set up.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

oh, yes, i was keeping an eye on the project. what are the benefits of the individual presents over compilations? thanks for the input.
    Flexibility and compatibility mostly

It's easy as a pie. If you're into GEM for example, it's just a matter of copy pasting 3 files to your exe. folder and if you just want the basic version, you don't need to edit anything at all.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 15, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Yeah I finally figured it out. However it's not what I expected. It "just" introduces a collection of graphical effects and modifications to lightning and stuff like that. I thought it would improve graphics differently (within the limitations of the game of course).

But let's not get off track. Waiting for your next episode Sarkiss!!

Yeah I finally figured it out. However it's not what I expected. It "just" introduces a collection of graphical effects and modifications to lightning and stuff like that. I thought it would improve graphics differently (within the limitations of the game of course).

But let's not get off track. Waiting for your next episode Sarkiss!!
    thanks mate. i found GEM to make things too blurry for my liking. i like it crispy sharp and that seemed to have the opposite effect? i havent tweacked the setting though, so it might be just me being a noob. also discovered that i forgot to switch the resampling off before rendering (in Vegas Pro 14) in my last few videos and that may have caused a bit of an overlay once rendered.

started experimenting with ReShade - SweetFX Digital Vibrance and it makes the visuals so much clearer and more vibrant. massive difference and you can adjust it in real time! i then went ahead and enabled D.E.I - Graphics Enhancement MOD alongside it, to get bloodstains and dust. is that going to work or am i going crazy here?
    all this experimentation, plus the RL constrains delayed the recording a bit as im trying to improve the visuals, especially in the battle mode.

btw, this discussion is very helpful so feel free to carry on.

will have at least one new episode up this weekend.

You can turn off the blur effects in the gemFX configuration menu - I think it's just some check boxes. It should be in the folder: Total War Rome II. It's labeled 'GEMFX_Configurator'.