I was just listening to this podcast on Youtube about the English Longbow:
https://youtu.be/eSku3Yp8P3Q

Now, bear in mind that the guest on the show had just obtaained his Masters degree in Military History, with a thesis on the Longbow and its impact on military developments in Europe.

Most of his talk is in the first ten minutes and, while he manages to get a few things right, much of it is just outright wrong. How he managed to get so many so many things incorrect and still get his degree is a bit beyond me, I can only assume his thesis supervisors knew even less than he seems to. The things he gets wrong betray a clear lack of understanding at a very basic level on this subject.

Anyway, here are the comments I posted on Youtube:
A few points:
As compared to a composite bow, the longbow was about 20% inferior in converting the potential energy stored in the draw into kinetic energy imparted to the arrow
Draw weights were not typically in the 80-120lb range, but more like 120-150lb, as in the bows found on the Mary Rose
Longbow size was around 5’8”-6’ in the 14-15th centuries and closer to 6’6” in the 16th, not 7'
Average arrow length was closer to 30” than 36”, despite the term ‘Clothyard Shaft”
15 shots per minute sustained for 10 minutes? Sorry but no. 12 for very short periods of time, with a sustained rate of closer to 6. Just how many arrows do you think they carried? 150 is over 6 sheafs
A high rate of shots-per-minute would be only with relatively low accuracy, if given an approximate estimate of range by the Serjeant-in-Command, hence creating an ‘arrow shower’ at that distance
Aimed shots would be at a lower rate still
They were not ‘goading the French to attack them’ in the case of Agincourt. They did everything they could to avoid a pitched engagement, because the French had a larger army and the English were extremely tired and hungry
The story of an arrow being ahot by a longbow penetrating an armored man and going right through to his horse is completely apocryphal
The Papacy said no crossbow use, unless vs non-Christians
When deprived of defenses such as stakes and ditches, Longbowmen were extremely vulnerable. In later battles of the Hundred Years War, such as Patay, when deprived of these advantages they were often swept from the field by French cavalry

He is lucky I wasn’t grading him lol.