Thread: Americas campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Americas campaign

Congratulations on the release. Is there going to be anything for the Kingdoms campaigns? I guess it would not be hard to simply take the stats and animations from the main release and use them for Britannia Crusades and Teutonic, but with Americas it's a bit more work. If I wanted to make something for the Americas, what type of bow should the natives be given, just short bow? And the native melee weapons would just count as clubs? Any advice would be appreciated.

Artifex

Default Re: Americas campaign

Yes, the Americas campaign is a bit different due to exotic weapons and armours: atlatls, hornet nests, macuahuitl, ichcahuipilli, wodden native armour etc.
    Besides, it's difficult to guess the correct unit quality levels for the natives.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Short bow yes. Melee weapons would be more towards the axe and club end, like a combination of the two, wouldn't be difficult to get an appropriate stat set. The animations are done. Overall it probably wouldn't be a huge amount of work and would be a fun campaign I think.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

I would play it as well.

One based on the Kingdoms Crusades campaign would be good too. Many of the units are done already in the Early and Late campaigns for this mod; aside from RC, it would mostly just be a matter of fitting some RR stuff on to it plus graphics, sounds etc. That isn’t critical, but if no RR we would need to use the Crusades unit costs etc, and submods like BGR would be a no-go without quite a lot of work..

Hmm, maybe it would be better to try to set it up as a mini-campaign within this mod.

A more historical version would be great though, its such an interesting arena, and the Youtube channel Real Crusades History would be a great resource; I can always talk to the channel lead, he is an authority on the subject.

I think I might be able to get onto it soon because with the next patch this mod will be pretty much done (yes I have said that before lol), and it would make a nice change.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 12, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

Artifex

All Kingdoms campaigns with RR/RC would be brilliant.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

There was an early rrrc implementation of the Britannia campaign but that was like ten years ago. The version for The Crusades is going ahead, have already started on it; see the new thread Americas would be fun because it’s so totally asymmetric between the two sides.

Alright, I'm going to try it now. Starting with the European faction units, which I can use. What files do I need to port? I'm starting by editing the stats but I'd like eventually add all the features.