Thread: Help - No Save Game / Load Game option

Default Help - No Save Game / Load Game option

After installing RTW and ExRM, I can start a new campaign but cannot save it. I use all default settings except: change unit size to Huge, No Advice, and H/VH difficulty.

While in the game, I hit Esc key, the pop up window opens but the Save Game and Load Game buttons are greyed out (cannot be selected).
    The Ctrl+S, quick save, does not work either. Testing keyboard input, the Alt+A will select all units.

I must be missing something basic. Can someone give a clue on what I can do to fix this?

I have played recently using the above with the Save option. I tried re-installing everything but no fix.

Thanks!

Default Re: Help - No Save Game / Load Game option

I honestly have no idea.. are you running the script?

If you mean the campaign_map_reset script located in the ExRM folder, yes. Although, this script does not appear once you first install the game. You have to at least start a campaign first, it seems. Even that first game on a fresh install does not have the save/load option. I do have hope in that I did get the save/load option in once for the Epirite campaign that lasted all campaign. But then the next new campaign did not have save/load.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps someone has an idea I can try.

Did you try to delete map.rwm manually? It should be in [ROME TOTAL WAR FOLDER]\ExRM\Data\world\maps\base

A advisor should appear at the beginning of the campaign to start a script, if it’s not starting then it might be why the buttons are greyed out.

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, I was able to identify the problem after many re-installs.

The grey out Save/Load button occurs when playing at least the Chremonidean League on Huge unit size. The default Large unit size keeps these buttons active. I tested about 6 other factions with no issue.

So, I am able to play the Chremonidean League as I wanted. Only problem remains is the constant crash to desktop during random AI faction turns (most often Rebels though), about once every three turns. sigh.

While I could not fix the problem, an adequate work around exists. Please consider this thread closed. Thanks again for your tips that inspired me to find the problem.