Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Janissary Heavy Infantry

Default Re: Janissary Heavy Infantry

Ok so the first one has janissary pikemen plus shield (or are they very long spears) and arquebusiers, and the second has swordsmen and spearmen in heavy mail, or something like that? Nice! Could we use them in this mod please?

I took the models from Staluga, a mod created by Lepton, based on a mod of Bulat Steel, which is Based on Stainless Steel. I don’t know exactly where Lepton got the models from (numerous mods, I am certain), but I believe that he has altered some of them with the appropriate armor upgrades. Here is a torrent link to Staluga. In Staluga you will find an enormous number of beautiful models for every faction.
    Here is the link to the mod: http://flytracker.xyz/viewtopic.php?t=5304179
    Here is the link to the torrent: 9449F26A73C17C7C34524E5611DA7C856A68BA4C
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; October 16, 2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Ah ok great, yes I heard Bulat Steel has some very sweet units. Think I’ll aim to get this patch/update out today, its done, and make the focus of the next one the mini-campaigns plus new unit models. Actually the Turks are looking pretty good now, not many vanilla units left at all.

Most of the units in Bulat Steel aren't anything special, from what I've seen. It is Staluga that has the awesome units. The link is to Staluga. You do not need Bulat Steel to run Staluga.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; October 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM.

Cool, downloaded, will check it out tonight.

downloaded it too, cant play a custom battle cause menu is in russian and is fcked up, letters missing, cant click on it either, can start a campaign by just pressing "enter" to get through the main menu, cities and units names missing too

is there an english patch ? did i miss somehting ?

What, you can’t read Russian?

Ok managed to run some custom battles in Staluga, there are some seriously nice units in there, absolutely worth inclusion. I like their music too.

Kilgore are there any issues with permissions to use? Obviously I will give credit etc.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 17, 2018 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    What, you can’t read Russian?
    yea i dont speak in cyka blyat but that's not the problem, there's no letters man, nothing in the main menu, other ones like save campaign menus are also missing letters, they're just empty

i've changed a bunch of things in the cfg and can atleast click on buttons now and get to custom battles

some good looking units here and there but many have colors that just dont stick to the same palette/art style and kinda look weird

Yeah I’d just cherry pick. Some nice Western units too including armor upgrades.

PB,
    I don't know anything about permissions - I can't read Ruskie either. Once again, if you pm achilles-91, I'll bet he knows how to get in touch with Lepton and permissions and where the units originally came from and so on. My only thought would be, the units come from a mod (Staluga) based on a mod (Bulat Steel) based on a mod (Stainless Steel) of which you were a primary developer. What's he going to do - say no? Also, I think a guy named Jukoman may be responsible for some of those units in Staluga. He may be Russian too. And achilles-91 may be in contact with him as well.

Cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Cool thanks
    some unit models come from completely diferent games like Mount & Blade, you're looking through a grave of dead mods from different games and trying to find the authors..

i think at this point you're better off learning to make models and make stuff yourself than spending the next 100 years getting the permissions

I can only do what I can do; if I receive no reply after a bit will just use them anyway and credit the developer, never been refused permission in the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12