Thread: How to Optimise Graphics Since CA Graphics Update?

Default How to Optimise Graphics Since CA Graphics Update?

Hello,

Pre-CA graphics update there were certain graphical options which you could select to optimise your FPS, e.g.

- Vegetation Alpha
    - Shadow Quality

Does anyone know since the CA update what the optimal graphical options to reduce to boost your FPS are please?

Thanks a lot,
    Corsair

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: How to Optimise Graphics Since CA Graphics Update?

Would you be so kind as to share your specs first ?

Certainly, here are the full specs

https://laptopmedia.com/laptop-specs/asus-rog-g750js/

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Ok. AFAIK the bugged underwater maps have been fixed so I guess that's something positive. Apart from that, lightning is a mixed feelings addition as far as I can see from various forums posts and reports. I haven't tested the game lately (after the new graphical additions) to be honest, but you should see no vast differences in performance. Be aware that since you'll only play on 1080p you'll probably need Anti Aliasing, but be sure not to use both game's and custom ones like GEM,Reshade etc. Also I wouldn't suggest many graphical mods, at least till they get fully updated for the latest version of the game.
    Based on your specs I would suggest you to start with High and built up slowly. The 3GB of your GPU won't be much help, but you could decrease Unit Variety a bit to squeeze a few FPS. The SSD will help you with Loading times for sure but you could use another 8GIGA of RAM at some point. You could also click on my Sig and follow the general performance tips thread.