Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] Murky Little Seven

Default [Stainless Steel 6.4] Murky Little Seven

Murky little Seven
    StainlessSteel 6.4 Hotseat

The world is a dark and cruel place, neighbours look upon eachother with greed and the heroics of times past long forgotten. Someone is to rise from the chaos and finally take his rightful place as the dominant power of the Western Mediteranian, bringing peace and prosperity by strength and cunning alike!

Rise from the ashes, show your mettle and dominate all those who would oppose you!

~~ HOT SEAT RULES ~~
    Map limitation:
    This is the map restrictions and mod settings to be used

You can go outside the border but must not sack or keep any captured lands there.
    Nor use said land to gain money from the AI, building destruc rules still applies.

Genoas region outside the border may be captured and kept, but if any factions have no region inside the border they are automatically destroyed.

Credits to Stouff, for basically everything^^[/SPOILER]Basic Rules:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is your responsibility to pay attention to the rules. If a new rule has been made, I will post it in the thread first and discuss it with the players.

1 turn peace, though you may attack players that have played their first turn.

- You are allowed to reload your saves as many times you want to.
    -
    - Turns must be played within 24h or you will be likely skipped. This will be a fast hotseat but with lenient extensions as RL takes priority - but you have to ask/keep us posted!
    - Once you have finished your turn and uploaded the save, please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.
    - If you suspect one of the players have broken any rules or cheated, please contact
    the Admin and ask him to check it.
    - You are not allowed to take any region beyond the white border shown on the map above.

(Genoa and Venice can keep their starting regions outside the border however)
    Battle Rules:
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Attacking defeated armies the following turn is allowed.
    - Its ALLOWED to use seige equipment to attack city straight instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image.
    - All Player vs Player battles must be auto-resolved. Battles against AI can be played. Note: Screenshots are to be posted as evidence of auto-resolve.(The Odds and Results windows must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, and any Units/Agents/Regions not involved in the attack is fine).
    Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.
    - No surrounding enemy armies with one stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridge ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    - You are not allowed to besiege settlements to deny enemy reinforcements.
    if not in contact with the enemy army (which means the red zone around the enemy army)
    -No attacking ships inside a port.You cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first. If a player keeps an army inside a fleet inside a port,
    other players are allowed to attack that fleet even if it's inside a port (if you don't know how, ask Invicta).
    -you can build only two forts per region max (it is meant per faction, so if faction A builttwo forts in region 1 ,also faction B can build his fort in the same region).
    -No Heroic Victories, this is because we allow reloading
    Building Rules:
    - You may not gift a region to another faction if the city is at risk of capture.
    -No destroying of any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    -Only Inns/Guilds can be destroyed
    - You are not allowed to exterminate a city. You must either sack it or occupy it. This is to prevent huge cities from turning into villages.
    Diplomacy rules

-No allying Pope
    -No giving provinces in war zone to a faction controlled by the AI (it means regions bordering-by land- with a faction you're at war with).It's ok giving it to a human-controlled faction.
    -Any new player taking command of a faction previously held by another player cannot attack a faction he's officially allied with for at least 5 turns, or until the allies of that faction break the deal.
    - Any regions that are gifted, sold, traded with another Faction must have all units except one disbanded immediatly!

Agents Rules:

- Spies aren't allowed to spread plague in any case not matter what.
    - Spies can be used against forts and settlements as long as you have at least 60% of chances of infiltration. You'll need 2 to open a fort/settlement. ( You have to re-infiltrate if a defending spy has been placed and you are to show post screens for each spys odds)
    - Each faction cannot recruit more than a assassin every 5 regions owned beyond 9. So to recruit the second assassin you'd need to own 10 regions or more. For the third
    15 or more and so on.. Suicide any additional assassins immediately or contact admin to remove them.
    - Assassins cannot sabotage Assassins can only kill:"Priests/imams/spies/merchants/generals/FMs" as long as they have 50% of chances. Only 30% is needed vs enemy assassins
    -Merchants can seize other merchants only if they have 50% of chances.
    - No exploiting merchants in the form of merchant stack - (Putting several merchants in an army or fort/military-unit securing a resource).
    - Pic must be taking for successful bribery, only the treasury may be edited away.

Bribed units cannot be moved until the next turn - same reason as defeated army rule.
    - No stealing generals/fm
    -All the agents rules are applicable humans and not AI

Crusades and Jihads Rules:
    - Crusades are banned from the Hotseat.
    You are not allowed to join a crusade.

Leaders and Admins of the Hotseat: REDBOOSTY and General Dragon as co.

~~~~~Factions~~~~~
    Republic of Venice - King Athlestone
    Kingdom of Sicily - Ramble12

Republic of Genoa - Mithridate

Kingdom of Portugal
    -zender9 -
    Moorish Caliphate - RedStar
    Kingdom of Castile - Potatoto
    Kingdom of Aragon- Mergor
    Last edited by Mergor; June 07, 2019 at 03:32 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Default Re: [ SS:HS ] Murky Little Seven

Reserved

I'm considering making this just a 4 player HS with Aragon and Castile - Sicily and Venice. 2v2 or FFA.
    If one makes the Genoese island a fortress - they can contend in this hs. Either case, I believe I'll be Genoa.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Venice for me please.

I don't recognize you, can somebody vouch for you being an OK player and reliable? That said, the sword and passion is enough for me
    Protatoto - I recognize your name but can't recall you, you're an alright player too I presume?

I'd like to keep it to player whom know what they are doing, no need to be "pro" - just not quite bad, unreliable or brand new ^^

Also, consider posting what you think about just making it a 4 player game. This map makes a quite fun 1v1 btw.
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 07, 2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Already vouched for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I don't recognize you, can somebody vouch for you being an OK player and reliable? That said, the sword and passion is enough for me
    Protatoto - I recognize your name but can't recall you, you're an alright player too I presume?

I'd like to keep it to player whom know what they are doing, no need to be "pro" - just not quite bad, unreliable or brand new ^^

Also, consider posting what you think about just making it a 4 player game. This map makes a quite fun 1v1 btw.

I can't judge my own skills. Perhaps you should better ask others about me than myself. However if sword and passion is enough for you then I think I will be okay Also I don't think I am so bad unreliable or brand new, not anymore at least

"Also, consider posting what you think about just making it a 4 player game. This map makes a quite fun 1v1 btw."

If that how it will be then I am out. I am not much intrested in HS based on conquering AI with manual battles. That is why I choosed this direct 3 factions which doesn't have much rebel/AI around or at all.

You're most welcome Potatoto ^^ As to your preference, that'd be a separate game since so many wanted to join.
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 07, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [SS:HS] Murky Little Seven (Portugal Open)

Not that interested in playing, but i can be admin or co.
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

"Its ALLOWED to use siege equipment to attack city straight instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image"

Of course each siege eq can be used just once per turn right?
    Last edited by Potatoto; October 07, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

That rule is old and a bit clumsily phrased, you can use Siege units and constructed siege equipment freely - there are no restrictions.
    Some people at the time had special rules, so catapults only worked vs wooden walls or lower whilst one needed trebs for stone walls.

Here - you can use anything for everything wherever and whenever as much as you want ^^ You can use them as many times as you want in a turn.

King Athelstan has offered to take Portugal, if nobody else ask for the faction we'll start next week.

Edit: zender9 will play Portugal.
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 08, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOOSTY View Post
    Not that interested in playing, but i can be admin or co.
    Neither I have time to play or admin. But I can watch....

Default Re: [SS:HS] Murky Little Seven (Full)

A shame that Jad, it would have been a good game

We'll do what we can to give a good show!

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Before we start, I want to ask clarification for 2 rules.

- No surrounding enemy armies with one stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridge ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    Does this mean we can block some bridge and destroy the survivors? or we can only force them to retreat elsewhere by blocking the bridge or placing a unit exactly to the place where they actually would retreat?
    -No Heroic Victories, this is because we allow reloading
    Since SS isn't famous with its auto resolve, some battles give heroic no matter what (no defeat, no other kind of victory, just heroic victory 100%) can we have heroic in such case just like in majority of the hotseats?

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post
    1. Does this mean we can block some bridge and destroy the survivors? or we can only force them to retreat elsewhere by blocking the bridge or placing a unit exactly to the place where they actually would retreat?

2. Since SS isn't famous with its auto resolve, some battles give heroic no matter what (no defeat, no other kind of victory, just heroic victory 100%) can we have heroic in such case just like in majority of the hotseats?
    1 Yes, natural choke-points can be used. Blocked bridge=death? Legal. Just don't deliberately spread your stuff to kill em off by surrounding. Admin discretion.
    2 No heroics aside vs AI - period. You cant get a regular victory which basically never ever happens - contact admin.

What princess rules do you want btw? Allowing or not allowing stealing?

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I'd prefer no stealing, but making princesses modified priests, that can't get killed due to them being family members.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

My first thought was not allowing the steal, considering Moorish Caliphate can't have princess. But since Ramble bring up the assassination topic, and I checked the rules again, I think we may allow stealing generals. As for the disadvantage of Moors, they can kill our princesses while their daughters safely marry.

We're good to go, all we need is for admin to decide turn order and set it up - they have been contacted.

I am not sure if allowing to assasinate family members is a good idea. Can't it kill entire faction just with assasins? I am not sure cause since I am playing here it is banned in any HS :/

We need a new player for Venice unless Epci Total War manages to get his game working, also if somebody is willing to admin the other hs with General Dragon.

As to assassinating family members, if people want it changed we can do so - but it is deliberate that one can murder a faction with assassins.
    It's quite unusual though to get FL-FH since they get extra security, spies also makes assassination hard or impossible ( like with opening gates ).
    Last edited by Mithridate; October 12, 2018 at 04:24 AM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Hotseat is started, Portugal is first:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/n7piua

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast