Thread: Is Gondor able to obtain the One Ring, usurp Sauron, and have an Alignment reversal?

Foederatus

Default Is Gondor able to obtain the One Ring, usurp Sauron, and have an Alignment reversal?

*****ĦSPOILER WARNING!*****

Ya, so in a Third Age campaign, can Gondor seek after the One Ring and use it to destroy Sauron but then become corrupted and seek to conquer Middle Earth using the vile forces of badness against Men, Dwarves, Elves, and Hobbits?

*****ĦSPOILER WARNING!*****

_____

This is the first campaign I've played as Rhûn; btw how is that pronounced?

I gathered up all the horselord generals in the land starting from the southernmost cities until they all made it to the largest city and in that time the Leader married his 18 year old daughter to a 16 year old man freshly come of age. In total, there are 7 generals gathered besides the Leader who I kept in town. The only warriors besides them are two units of horse archers. I sent them all off Northeast to immediately begin conquering Dale and rebels along the way, circling around the North of the Sea of Rhûn. The first town my generals spotted was actually being besieged by an army of Dwarves, 4 units: one of regular warriors, one of iron guard, and two of miners; quite meager compared to the Mongol-cataphract mix I've got packing. Short work was made of the Dwarves, though I lost 31 men and that should have been half or less, and I'm going to redo the battle, but also for the retinues my faction general had gained. There are two family members of the Leader, his son and the newly wed young man to his daughter, and the rest are random generals. All the retinues were gained by the faction general, horsemaster, mithril west(a vest, funnily uses phonetic gernglish), dwarven banner, wain rider, and swordbearer.

Was it due to there being so many generals in one army that so many sudden retinue gains were made, though why for only the faction general? This seems like an issue with the base game, but I'm curious how it might occur otherwise.

I have a very old download of the mod that I have neglected to play, it is 1.52, so I'll be upgrading to 3.2.

Ya, so I'm wondering what books have the most lore on Rhûn, I'm really unfamiliar with them. From looking at their armies, they seem to be a Turkic horde and Greek Bactrian mix. Can I employ masses of horse archers with them or should I focus on heavy infantry and cataphracts?
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; October 10, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Is Gondor able to obtain the One Ring, usurp Sauron, and have an Alignment reversal?

No it's not possible. They can only destroy the ring.

Foederatus

Default Re: Is Gondor able to obtain the One Ring, usurp Sauron, and have an Alignment reversal?

Righto...

As for gaining five retinues from one battle, or four as the dwarven banner is a given, that should be more to do with the base Medieval mechanics. Still, I'll redo the battle testing it fewer generals and one in which the faction general doesn't participate. That guy sure is greedy and he isn't even related by blood or marriage.