Thread: Don't drop the pike submod

Default Don't drop the pike submod

Context: if you ever played this game and used pikemen, you likely ran into the issue where they would all drop their pikes the moment someone touch them. While the idea was that pikes were not as useful up close as a sword and only the pull out their swords and fight while being supported by pikes, what was actually happening was the first three rows would drop their pikes defeating the purpose of pikemen being almost impossible force to fight in the front but slow vulnerable on flanks and arrows. So I quickly removed the swords and lowered pikemen attack by half in the EDU. This is to mainly save time for others so they don't have to do it by hand.
    export_descr_unit.txt
    Simply replace the export_desc_unit in the mod for this to work
    Do note that despite me halving their attack, they may be still too strong. So feedback is welcome(remember that fighting them upfront will kill you so keep that in mind when providing feedback). May lower movement speed a little though saving that idea for another mod.
    Enjoy

Default Re: Don't drop the pike submod

Is this for the latest version? (3.1)

Anyway, how many tests have you conducted? I've tried lowering the pikes attack to 1 and halving their attack speed and they are still OP.

Default Re: Don't drop the pike submod

Yeah its for the newest.
    Went off what I did last time for my custom saves and was still possible to fight (I dont really play pike factions, but i enjoy fighting them and didn't have too much trouble on vh, just needed to take my time dealing with the scottish pikes as Norway or Ireland).
    Simply put I treat pikemen as the stay away me unit and instead flank them or shoot them. Of course my opinion on pikes is likely bias as some mods i play, you have to fight pikes with 9 attack and ap with decent armour. So honestly this seem fair enough to me even though some may consider it insane which is way I like feedback.