Thread: 3.3 campaign start CTD

Default 3.3 campaign start CTD

Howdy,

i just downloaded the 3.3 patch, i was running 3.2 which worked perfectly(so i installed it over 3.2 rather than over 3.0)
    but when i try to start a new campaign with 3.3 i get a CTD straight away (tried 3 campaigns all same result).

any clue whats wrong here?
    should i install it over 3.0? or would there be a simpelere sollution?

Default Re: 3.3 campaign start CTD

I would renamed your original game folder "{original name} old" and make a new instal of the base game and the mod and see if you get the same results.

I'm getting what I believe might be a similar problem except that it was initially a totally clean install of 3.3 on a new computer (Steam version) and I followed the installation instructions for both the base game and the patch to the letter...I've tried deleting and reinstalling several times, but on each occasion, everything starts up fine, but whenever I try to start a new campaign, it crashes after about a minute or so...I have a copy of the the initial DoM open beta installed in my old computer's RTW files (disk version), which I transferred to the new one and that works fine, but I had the same problem when I attempted to replace it with 3.3...So I now have a 3.3 version on both a Steam and disk RTW installation on the same computer, but both crash within a minute of starting a campaign...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

By a clean installation of 3.3, you are installing it over the base 3.0, right? (Just checking)

@zaroff1 Are you not getting the CTD when starting a vanilla campaign? Have you tried starting a 3.0 campaign, rather than a 3.3 campaign to see if you get the same results?

Just trying to help isolate the issue here.

How many factions have you tried to start a campaign with? Have you been able to load custom battles? Have you tried reducing all graphics to lowest? Can you give us some information on the gpu / cpu / ram?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

RTW is getting harder and harder to run on up to date Windows machines. I have the steam version and it regularly crashes even after doing the thing-that-shall-not-be-named.

My Steam version is a clean install on a new computer...My disk version had a working beta version of FATWDoM, which continued to work after I transferred it from my old computer until I overinstalled the new version...Both versions have the same problem...They start up fine, but then crash a minute or so after starting any campaign...I've tried it at least 10 times with different factions and got the same result...

Here's my DxDiag: DxDiag.txt

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Can you shoot me your save file as wel?

There was only one instance where I had enough time to make a save file before it crashed but I can't seem to upload or attach it here...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

If you archive it as a .zip it should work

Maybe this works:Quicksave.7z

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yup, got it!