Thread: Post of the Fortnight - Medals & Banner Competition - Submissions Thread

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Post of the Fortnight - Medals & Banner Competition - Submissions Thread

The Post of the Fortnight Committee needs your help!

We need:
    a banner image to go at the top of all our competition threads; and
    three medals for competition winners - one bronze, one silver, and one gold.

You may submit a banner, or a design for a set of three medals, or both.
    Banners must be between 550 and 1000 pixels wide, and between 175 and 500 pixels high.
    For each medal, you need to produce a large image (a maximum of 75x100 pixels) and a small image (this must be 45x45 pixels). You must submit a full set of six images: a large and a small bronze medal, a large and a small silver medal, and a large and a small gold medal.

Post your entries below!

The deadline on submissions will be October 30th, but may be extended.

The creator of the winning banner image will receive rep. Their design will be used on all our competition posts (and they will, of course, receive the appropriate credit for this).
    The creator of the winning design for medals will also receive a separate award of rep. Their designs will become official TWC awards!

For information about the Post of the Fortnight competition, see this thread for the proposal. Feel free to ask the Post of the Fortnight team any questions you have about this competition either in the discussion thread or by PM.

Please, keep this thread for submissions only.

Best of luck from the POTF team (Norsething, ep1c_fail and Aexodus)

Important note: On personal behalf, Commissar Caligula_ has generously offered an extra price to the winner and the 2 runner-ups. Many thanks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    I wish to become a patron of the arts, and make my way into high society. Or y'know, I've got 9 game keys that I've had lying around for ages that I want to try and give away.
    I'm happy to give three of them away to the winner and two runner-ups. Basically you'll be able to choose which of these keys you want, rather than be forced to have a specific one I give you.

Millennium: A New Hope
    Acceleration of SUGURI 2
    Bear With Me - Collector's Edition
    Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
    Yooka-Laylee
    Black the Fall
    DmC: Devil May Cry
    Owlboy
    Snake Pass

These are a personal donation - not an official TWC prize
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 24, 2018 at 10:43 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Post of the Fortnight - Medals & Banner Competition - Submissions Thread

Banner:

(If this image does not display, alternative link here ).

Medals:

Last edited by cedric37; October 09, 2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: alt link in case of
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Post of the Fortnight - Medals & Banner Competition - Submissions Thread

Depicted is Demosthenes, considered one of the greatest orators and statesmen of Classical Athens:

The Alexandrian Canon compiled by Aristophanes of Byzantium and Aristarchus of Samothrace recognised Demosthenes as one of the ten greatest Attic orators and logographers. Longinus likened Demosthenes to a blazing thunderbolt, and argued that he "perfected to the utmost the tone of lofty speech, living passions, copiousness, readiness, speed".[2] Quintilian extolled him as lex orandi ("the standard of oratory"), and Cicero said about him that inter omnis unus excellat ("he stands alone among all the orators"), and he also acclaimed him as "the perfect orator" who lacked nothing.[3]
    Last edited by Katsumoto; October 13, 2018 at 01:19 PM.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Same principle of the above about the idea but with Socrate portrait
    The banner is on its way.

Edit: As promised, here is the banner (1000 x 450 px):

Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 11, 2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Banner[IMG][/IMG]
    direct link is https://i.imgur.com/AtYED5r.jpg
    artwork used is original, please don't use it for any other purpose