Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New DLC announced

Default Re: New DLC announced

Both the 3rd and 4th LL seem out there to me but they all seem very different which is good. The undead Bretonnian knights might mean Mousillon will be made playable (maybe moving Kemmler there or making the Red Duke a full-fledged lord).

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

New blogpost (after twitch rally point preview) with Vampire Coast roster:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/curse-...ny_7wukynyTHNQ
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Looing very good overall. Saltspire's unique unit is disappointing but I was going to wait for a mod for her and her faction anyway.

r3dshift's Avatar Civis

Roster reveal video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFDYPfcqGU

I must say that these new units not only sound cool, but also look fantastic. This faction has the potential to be the most interesting one. The Tomb Kings were a bit of a disappointment for me.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Depends... Some players are a bit.... fanatics... about the lore and will flame any deviation made by modders. Other likes new ideas. And for modders, some are inventing new units which don't exist at all (and are sometimes far off), some are creating tons of units using the slightest reference they can find ti make it "lore friendly" (with results I don't think are so good). Others follow the lore strictly... In my case, I try to stay close to the lore, but don't mind making a few extra units, as long as they stay with the "spirit" of the lore if not the letter, and don't create unbalanced or useless units.
    What if something totally not Warhammer related? Lets say I use the WE mini campaign map to make a mod based on medieval France, using only human units and disabling magic then upload it on Workshop? Will CA/GW freaks out?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I don't think they would mind, providing you just use Warhammer assets and just rename the units. They'd be upset if you try to import models from another game and put it on Steam (this could lead to IP issues from the guys making the other game).

Yup, unless you are affing Legolas and Frodo, you should be totally fine,especially with real world stuff.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Anyone here already have the DLC? How do they perform in the campaign as AI? As they're a really minor faction lore-wise and therefore probably shouldn't be all that powerful but they look pretty OP and I personally wouldn't like them overrunning half the map.

One thing is sure, seas are now way more alive and way more dangerous. Previsously i was sending often armies left and right ..now, I´m almost keeping to the land. Plus no longer I start with sending general off the land to just fish out all sea treasures... So far, the AI pirates are mostly keeping to the sea,no large land empires. :-)

I tried a playthrough and the Vamp Coast AI didn't seem that overpowering, Noctilus went for Estalia and Aranessa took out Tilea and the Border princes. Harkon didn't seem to do much and the Cylostra must have gotten wiped out. However, they were both small fry to Grimgor, he snowballed like crazy. I must have spent about 80 turns trying to finish him off. The Dwarfs got wiped out about turn 40 I think (and the Empire got reduced down to 2 regions) and none of the other Dwarven factions seem to be able fill in, and mostly stop responding to war targets. Even at the end I still had a huge diplomatic bonus from all the stacks he produced:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not sure how many people use them but the Prophetess pegasus mount skill (for life and beast) is bugged. I had to change the entries in character_skill_level_to_ancillaries_junctions_tables for level down to 1 for the pegasus ancillary and set to 2 for the barded warhorse, but that only fixed it for characters who hadn't put a point in that skill. The reinforcement bug still happens pretty frequently also.

Outside of that, I agree that there is so much going on in the map it is pretty crazy, adding the rogue navies works pretty well imo. The search ruins is ok but I don't think it is really worth it to waste a turn, also good luck with those dial ones:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

BTW something might be brewing in secret. There is lot activity in SteamDB a lot new branches ...Magpie, Charlie and some quite new also got updates as Blackbird and Sparrow. Might be new FLC or just update or just nothing...

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/history/

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

As they'd say on CA forum
    - DoW confirmed
    - Araby confirmed
    - Cathay confirmed
    - Amazon confirmed
    - Albion confirmed
    - Chaos monogod confirmed
    - Warhammer 40k confirmed

anyway let's up it means they have still quite a few DLC planned before game 3

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/

A new DLC....what could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    https://steamdb.info/app/594570/dlc/

A new DLC....what could it be?
    I bet minor FLC for next update, or not even FLC at all (Bone giant is marked like FLC while Kharybdyss is not on FLC chart at all) CA recently follows DLC after month with balance patch/fixes. We saw Bone Giant and Kharibdyss with next update and we are closing that one month gap...Definitely it is too soon for such public activity due to next DLC..that will happen after Christmas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123