Thread: Still here and playing!

Default Still here and playing!

I keep coming back to this mod. With life changes, I don't get much time to game at all anymore. However, I still find time to play this mod once a year. I don't ever finish, but that's not the point for me. I enjoy the battles, the logistics, planning my empire, and running it efficiently. I use house rules as a base but I vary them a bit to enhance my personal enjoyment. I disabled numbered legions completely, and fight the entire campaign using pre-Marian units in legions constructed according to house rules. I change their composition according to whom I'm fighting but never have more than 3 Triari for example.

In this campaign, I want to fight fully developed Germans so I've left Germany alone. I've conquered all of Gaul and Iberia and left Gaul with two cities so they aren't extinct. I've conquered all of Africa to the Nile, all of what Greece had, and the two wonders near to the east of Greece. I'm hoping that giving the Germans several of Gaul's provinces and not conquering them will help them fully develop and give me the chance to fight some tough battles.

I have not yet seen any beserkers, and I think I remember them appearing in SPQR. Does anyone know how to get Germany to produce them?

Regardless, I hope everyone is enjoying their game! I think I've been playing SPQR since 6.0 and haven't played Vanilla since I discovered it.

Best wishes!
    "Si muy grand tu pro puedes fazer, nol des vagar que se pueda perder."

Default Re: Still here and playing!

I remember reading somewhere that berserker started to appear after rome's marian reform but don't quote me on this, why the hell do you want berserker anyway lol the mod was already hard atleast for me.