Napoleon 2
    Mexican-American War
    American Civil War
    World War I & II
    Vietnam
    Medieval 3
    Cold War
    Empire 2

Give your Thoughts if ya like this, its just my opinion after all.

what do you think should be a Total War game?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Games i would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    Here is a list of Games for Total war in my opinion would be cool

Napoleon 2
    Mexican-American War
    American Civil War
    World War I & II
    Vietnam
    Medieval 3
    Cold War
    Empire 2

Vietnam, Cold War, WW1+2 - these are way to modern wars for current TW schema. Battles get bigger, it is war of movement. You would have off map support like airplanes, navy artillery (like FotS), long range artillery. Main problem is that unit formation and unit movement/tactics are scratched for squad base tactics. And WW1 trenches. Well that would be pretty boring stuff attacking one side and then counterattack.

Simply those would not work well.

American Civil War - tempting,but probably no. Too limited conflict. Only two sides. Classical TW schema is a lot factions fighting between each other. However if we get like Victoria TW/Empire 2, these smaller local conflicts could be like events. And major global powers might try to influence them,get involve...Crymean War, ACW, Boshin War...basically game about colonialism and influence. This would be the next pick for me after Wh/3K.

Rome 3, Med 3, Shogun 3 would work just well. But i would like to wait like 5 years. After 3K, Wh3, then probably they will have enough time to develop new things because right now those games won´t be much different.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Mexican-American War
    American Civil War
    Empire 2

These should all be the same game.
    I'd love to see an "Empire 2" which covered the 19th century. I feel like Fall of the Samurai showed those of us who are into Victorian history that it could be done and then we never got a full game.
    However if they wanted to call it something other than Empire 2, that'd be fine but if they made an actual Empire 2 then I would want that one to cover both the 17th and 18th century.

Basically I just want 17th, 18th and 19th centuries represented in some way... and give us customisable uniforms, as that was promised back in Empire and we never got it.

Campidoctor

The 17th century is a absolute must-have. Either on a grand scale or focused on a single event. A TW-Saga game about the 30 Years War would fit perfectly.
    This or Empire 2 may most likely be the next historical title.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Chola Empire

Persian Empire

Some Total War Saga Games

Thirty Years War
    With the new mechanic of archers in the back row still firing while the front rows are engaged in combat, it opens the door to my dynamic units. The key though would be to develop better siege mechanic. This era was all about the fortresses.

Ancient Mesopotamia
    An ancient Sumerian sandbox that focuses on Ancient Mesopotamia and the Sumerian city-states. Can you rise to dominate the region before outside powers rise up?

American Colonialism
    Choose from European colonist or native American tribes as they struggle to survive in the 16th century America Rage total war for your very survival.

American Civil War
    Limited playability due to the lack of choices of factions; with the right mechanic and varied events that can dictate a different course, this has potential.

The Crusades
    I am not sure how this would work, except you play a character that leads a crusade and you must use cunning and skill to gain prestige and influence to establish the Christian Kingdom or play the Arabic/ Turks and defending against the invaders.

The Polish Deluge.
    Wage total war as you fight Poland's/Lithuania's most pivotal moments in history.

India Total War
    There are numerous "sandbox" periods that could be explored here. This could also be a non-saga title as well, similar to Shogun I and II

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

ACW- I think the American Civil War would work if they didn't look at it from just a 2-faction viewpoint and broadened the scope to all of the international players (i.e. Britain, France, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, South American countries, Africa, etc.) which all played a role in how the war progressed, and then the internal factions (i.e. native American tribes, rebels outside the US/CSA factions, etc.) and the individual states. If you had micromanagement over the internal workings of each State (especially the CSA states which functioned as independent entities) then you could have a huge game on your hands! Increase the map size where you can maneuver multi armies within each state for several turns without leave the state! Make it epic!

Shogun 3- Shogun 2 only suffers from the fact that it wasn't too well researched and rushed out the door. Samurai armies have some very unique differences from European armies that I think a second attempt should be pretty easy to correct if they just took their time and did it right. Get some real researchers that look beyond Nobunaga's time period for a true experience.

Empire X or a Colony building time period- Empire was an experiment that had a lot of promise that CA could have used but they chose to go another route. I liked loading up my ships with trade goods and taking them on actual voyages to different parts of the world to trade. How awesome would it have been to be able to load up a "Colony ship" and send them off to some far-away shore to establish a foothold in a hostile land! Come on CA, put the "Creative" back in CA! Stop working of other's ideas (looking at you War Craft) and give us something new and epic!

Here is a list of Games for Total war in my opinion would be cool

Napoleon 2
    Mexican-American War
    American Civil War
    World War I & II
    Vietnam
    Medieval 3
    Cold War
    Empire 2

Yeah, I'm waiting for Empire 2!

Here is a list of Games for Total war in my opinion would be coolNapoleon 2Mexican-American WarAmerican Civil WarWorld War I & IIVietnamMedieval 3Cold WarEmpire 2Give your Thoughts if ya like this, its just my opinion after all.what do you think should be a Total War game?
    Honestly said I strongly wait for MEDIEVAL III. With great Castles, Fortresses, Sword&Shield fights and so on. Like in the one of the best games ever, Medieval II, but bigger and better graphics.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I just want a Bronze Age Total War.

Epic.

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azanthul View Post
    Honestly said I strongly wait for MEDIEVAL III. With great Castles, Fortresses, Sword&Shield fights and so on. Like in the one of the best games ever, Medieval II, but bigger and better graphics.
    That's what I'm waiting for. That's gonna be the one!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

I hope a Victorian Age game.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I would like to see "The Golden Ages Total War" as the next historical game.
    Mostly would call it "The Dark Ages" but that would be a wrong title because Dark Ages were ONLY for the western Europe while in the South and East Civilisations had their own Golden Ages!
    Actually this was the primary idea of "The Great Conflicts" mod ten years before but the task was too dificult.
    In such TW game new historical great powers and their evolution or distruction would be triger any player's ineterest!
    8 Powerfull Emirates fighting each other to become Chaliphs in the place of Chaliph.
    The Great Bulgarian Empire that no other western european state was so powerfull and extend as it was that state.
    The 1st Christian Slavic empire (Great Moravia).
    Vikings both of the east and west!
    The Roman Empire under the Macedonian Dynasty!
    The apearence of Pechengs
    The migration of Magyars and convertion to christianity
    The fall of the mighty Khazar Empire
    The apearence of Turks in the east.
    IF TW dev team finds such a task difficult it could ask our permistion to use TGC mod that will be in alpha phase after 10 years of development.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

I clearly see myself in the Medieval 3 group.
    But how about a new engine for that one, huh?

Medieval 3
    Rome 3

Alexander Total War!

My guess is the next game announced (outside of a DLC) is a Saga. 30 years war seems reasonable given the new diplomacy mechanic in 3 kingdoms. Also, 30 years war ias much about people and their ambitions as 3K. Faction leaders joining together in “leagues” seems like a natural extension of that mechanic. The question remains, can CA create a dynamic battle mechanic to suit the era?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

But one major problem of ToB was marketing. CA tried to use "viking" wave and at the same time the game was missing key distinctive leading feature/character. ToB main characters are just not the Attila/Napoleon/Alexandr level...SAGA games are from CA definition games with smaller scope. But they have to sell it to players. At one side you can pick full games like Rome2 (build your empire, witness glory of eternal city!), Attila (be scourge of empires! See the world burn!) , Warhammer (This is a dark age, a bloody age, an age of daemons and sorcery... Amidst all of the fire, flame and fury it is a time, too, of mighty heroes) , 3K (Romance!!!)...so how do they sell such SAGA in such competition?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    However if we get like Victoria TW...
    This would be the game I have been waiting for.For years.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    I hope a Victorian Age game.
    I also look forward with Victorian Age!

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Total War engine 4, better unit collisions, sensible AI behavior,more units, better optimization and 64bit support.

Medieval III, Pike and Shot, Victoria Age.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast