Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Dec 18)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthammer View Post
    About units behavour and effectivness - i never had good performance with Odrysian short pikes - Thrakioi Iphikratous Phalangitai. They have good stats, but something goes wrong.
    I just did few tests and they seem to beat top Roman infantry units with about 3:1 kill ratio so they seem rather strong. Could you share your scenario or what exactly happened?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 7)

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I already said two times that I was dble to make Shield Wall work properly. Read some of my previous posts and wait for next patch.
    My bad, there's so much to catch up on I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I just did few tests and they seem to beat top Roman infantry units with about 3:1 kill ratio so they seem rather strong. Could you share your scenario or what exactly happened?
    Anvil and hammer tactic. 3 thureos infantry on the left, 4 short pikes in the centre, 4 thureos infantry on the right as an anvil. Mounted general, 4 jav cav, 4 maedi peltastai as hammer. Enemies moustly celtic, thracian, illyrian units. Centre became kind of a mess and its hard to make frontal combat - pike phalanx turned in some angle to enemies and probably became flanked, and short pikes became perform very little kills, less than thureos infantry.

Kam, will naval roster stats be polished in the future ? There are few inconsistencies regarding health stats of marines, and regular greek marines have better stats than some specialized marines

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    I'm currently playing a Scythia campaign and often find myself having to charge my horse archers in cuz their volleys from behind leave a lot to be desired. Also find the shock cav a bit too weak from behind.
    My first DeI campaign was Parthia and it was an absolute blast. Also a good easy-mode learning experience. Once I got the hang of it, I considered more than 40 losses to 3,000 kills to be a failure.

I just ran a test battle with Parthia on a 25k budget against my Roman build. While my light horse archers only scored a few dozen kills each, they were responsible for knocking out all of the Roman cavalry, and leading several of the Legionnaires off on a merry chase before my heavier hybrid cav charged and routed those units. The rest of the army proceeded to my main line of junk infantry, and my cataphracts circled around the back for several rounds of rear charges. In the end, I lost 814 troops with only one unit routed while I killed 2182 Romans (without chasing routers) and won the battle easily.

Certainly the battle was harder under this beta than perviously when my light missile cavalry would single-handedly route several units of heavy infantry. But I don't think this pack makes it hard. In fact, having heavy cavalry that doesn't have to be paranoid of enemy slingers gives Eastern and Nomad factions some real new advantages. I think this beta will require players to adjust their strategy, but I do not think that it's damaging the balance for those factions. This isn't coming from a Roman or Hellenic fanboy - Parthia is still my favorite faction!

Update

Battle Changes
    - Melee damage decreased by 10%
    - Ekdromoi speed, melee attack and charge increased, melee defence decreased
    - Bonus vs cavalry for spear unit slightly lowered to avoid high cavalry losses when rear charging
    - Slight increase to importance of armour in melee
    - Horse archers ranged attacks slightly buffed vs armoured units, added small bonus vs other cavalry
    - Fixed missing javelin ammo on Mauryan Heavy Swordsmen
    - Fixed speed of Greek Lonchophoroi (Light Cavalry) from 8 to 10
    - Increased running speed for units with 2 handed weapons and light armour
    - Disciplined Formation improved
    - Late Hastati speed buffed
    - Charge values slightly nerfed
    - Javelins a bit better vs armour
    - Reworked unit acceleration and deceleration. Unit beginning of movement and stopping should look more natural, for example cavalry starts to slow down few meters earlier instead of being stopped right in place

Other Fixes
    - Slightly lowered reduction chances for new Commander and Brawler traits.
    - Added food consumption to Colosseum
    - Fixed Thracian gold town having wrong icon.
    - Fixed missing CAI values for Bibracte special capital, the AI should now upgrade it.
    - Fixed missing name and some effects for tier 5 Odryssian library.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Kam, will naval roster stats be polished in the future ? There are few inconsistencies regarding health stats of marines, and regular greek marines have better stats than some specialized marines
    Feel free to give a detailed report and we could check them

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 15)

Sadly it does not seem to be save compatible, my save will load a bit and then crash, but i can start a new campaign just fine.

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 15)

Yeah, I'm getting a CTD as soon as I try to load up a saved game as well. I can start a new game instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    My first DeI campaign was Parthia and it was an absolute blast. Also a good easy-mode learning experience. Once I got the hang of it, I considered more than 40 losses to 3,000 kills to be a failure.

I just ran a test battle with Parthia on a 25k budget against my Roman build. While my light horse archers only scored a few dozen kills each, they were responsible for knocking out all of the Roman cavalry, and leading several of the Legionnaires off on a merry chase before my heavier hybrid cav charged and routed those units. The rest of the army proceeded to my main line of junk infantry, and my cataphracts circled around the back for several rounds of rear charges. In the end, I lost 814 troops with only one unit routed while I killed 2182 Romans (without chasing routers) and won the battle easily.

Certainly the battle was harder under this beta than perviously when my light missile cavalry would single-handedly route several units of heavy infantry. But I don't think this pack makes it hard. In fact, having heavy cavalry that doesn't have to be paranoid of enemy slingers gives Eastern and Nomad factions some real new advantages. I think this beta will require players to adjust their strategy, but I do not think that it's damaging the balance for those factions. This isn't coming from a Roman or Hellenic fanboy - Parthia is still my favorite faction!

Yeah, I'm doing a Scythia run right now and it is insanely easy to wipe out a full infantry army with an army of the most basic horse archers. I took out a full Parthian stack that had tons of heavy cav and horse archers plus a full infantry garrison (it was garrisoned in a settlement) with 2 stacks of basic horse archers and a few good cav units. And you take almost no casualties when facing enemies with little or no cav.

im also getting ctds with saved campaign.

Edit : ctd was caused by newly changed land_units tables and[or] main_units tables in the DB.

i found it after multiple tests.

so i think it needs to fix if it was wrong
    Last edited by servent9; October 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM.

Ok I will check out the CTD issue with saves.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 16, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

Update: I think I have the CTD issue fixed with save games, let me know and thanks for the reports.

Naval archers cant run despite being a light unit and medium troops are way to slow compared to light and heavy troops.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Holland_NL View Post
    Naval archers cant run despite being a light unit and medium troops are way to slow compared to light and heavy troops.
    Could you be more specific ?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Probably wrong entity entry to marines, hence they are probably treated as heavy infantry.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update: I think I have the CTD issue fixed with save games, let me know and thanks for the reports.
    it fixed. thank you

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

First battle, really good feeling. I thing we are close to the sweet spot according infatry fights and cavalry behaviour all around. Thank you kam.

Quote Originally Posted by beedougie View Post
    Yeah, I'm doing a Scythia run right now and it is insanely easy to wipe out a full infantry army with an army of the most basic horse archers. ...................
    Best tell Xenophon then...........oh wait..........

Horse Archers vs Infantry - simply pesky flies that need swatting.

HA + Days of Sun + Lack of Water + No Sleep + Exhaustion + Arrow Realoads via Camel Train + Any Stragglers/Lack of Cohesion punished by Cataphracts ---> Then you might get somewhere.....but only if you're a bad General.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Could you be more specific ?
    Ah yes my bad. Greek marine archers are super slow and cant run like heavy infantry.