Thread: MAARC LXXVII - The result!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXVII - The result!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXVII

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Tales After the Crusade by NorseThing, which offers a well-judged balance of political intrigue, diplomacy and military action, as Denmark's King Valdemar and Queen Adela defend their nation and make decisions in dangerous times. The King is a risk taker, the Queen a wise adviser and careful manager of the royal treasury. Will the King and Queen's talents combine to keep the Kingdom of Denmark safe, or will they be overwhelmed by threats from inside and outside? We don't know and look forward to finding out. What we do know is that this win earns NorseThing's AAR a place of honour in the Hall of Fame and three Writers' Study competition points, taking him from six to nine. When he obtains three more points, he will receive a silver Writers' Study Competition Medal.

In SECOND PLACE is
    To earn a Kingdom by Turkafinwë. This tale of the Northern Dúnedain entertains and enthralls its readers with heroic battles, inner struggles and development of the characters and the unfolding drama of the War for Eriador and the coming campaign for the salvation of Middle Earth. Turkafinwë said that in Dutch there is a saying, ere wie ere toekomt, which translates: Honour to whom deserves it. Like NorseThing, Turkafinwë deserves the honour of this win. This success earns him two Writers' Study competition points. When he gets two more points, he will receive a bronze Writers' Study Competition Medal.

Thanks to all who submitted and those who voted. This was a close-run competition, with just one vote separating each entry.

Many congratulations to our winners!

See you in the MAARC LXXVIII!

The submission thread is here and the original voting thread is here.

Last edited by Alwyn; September 30, 2018 at 01:52 AM.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: MAARC LXXVII - The result!

Thanks Alwyn for the lovely text and thank you to all who voted for this MAARC!

Congratulations to Norsething on the win! On to the next competition!

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: MAARC LXXVII - The result!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Thanks Alwyn for the lovely text and thank you to all who voted for this MAARC!

Congratulations to Norsething on the win! On to the next competition!
    Congrats to Turkafinwë on his exception AAR for a win as well! And thanks to all who submitted and who participated in the reading and voting. Now on to the next competition!!! I think I might as well make a bit of free shot at some blogging here as well. Cookiegod did a bit of private messaging with me that I shamelessly used with his permission - Blogging the After Action Reports. I hope with some of his advice to do better with my campaigns.