Code:
    Ancillary KajneKhum
        Type KajneKhum
        Transferable  0
        Description KajneKhum_desc
        EffectsDescription KajneKhum_effects_desc
        Effect Piety 2
    misses the image file name

anyway, how is the developing of the traits & ancillaries proceeding? what's on the todolist? would a parser/trait explorer be helpful?

Default Re: traits & ancillaries missing image

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamon View Post
    Hello,

I was validating the traits and ancillaries files with the ATVTW
    and found out an error in the EDA:

this ancillary (line 6842)
    Code:
    Ancillary KajneKhum
        Type KajneKhum
        Transferable  0
        Description KajneKhum_desc
        EffectsDescription KajneKhum_effects_desc
        Effect Piety 2
    misses the image file name

anyway, how is the developing of the traits & ancillaries proceeding? what's on the todolist? would a parser/trait explorer be helpful?
    Thanks, but that was fixed in v2.35 (you can fix it yourself easily enough, just assign it image 811.tga):

Code:
        Image 811.tga
    As for the todo list, there's a LOT of new ones in v2.35, and there's ongoing work in several areas (Nabatu and Greeks among others). What do you mean by "parser/trait explore"r - are you working on a new tool for these?
    EBII Council

Default Re: traits & ancillaries missing image

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    As for the todo list, there's a LOT of new ones in v2.35, and there's ongoing work in several areas (Nabatu and Greeks among others). What do you mean by "parser/trait explore"r - are you working on a new tool for these?
    Yes, I've been writing a python tool for the edct.
    You can find it here
    https://github.com/pietralbi/mtw2-edct

For now it just parses the edct (complaining if there are errors) and loads into memory all traits and triggers as a database, so that you can query some searches.
    For example, you can search for the traits a specific trait is affecting (or being affected by), and in which triggers.

Now it's basically a demo I wrote in one afternoon, and only works via the command line. I'm writing on a GUI with python's ktinter, but it's new for me and it takes some time to learn.

Anyway, let me know if a tool like this can be useful, and which features would be helpful to have. If so, I will gladly continue the development.