Thread: Noble Titles and Estates Feedback

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Noble Titles and Estates Feedback

One of the features we are working on implementing is a noble title system which will be a tier ranking system where nobles in the faction will go up in rank as they aquire more estates. Each faction will have a 3 tiered ranking system with the first rank being a minor noble and the thrid rank being a high lord. In addition the estates system is being overhauled so that they will fit into the new role with more benifits attached to them then just a point of loyalty. The main reason I am putting this thread up is to get some feedback on title names as these can be difficult to track down, if anybody has any knowledge in this area feel free to add feedback. What we would like to have is 3 ranks below a King to represent the nobles structure of the faction and this is the work in progress we have so far:

Norse

Hersir - low level
    Lendmann - mid level
    Jarl - high level

Saxons

Thegn - low level
    Dryhten - mid level
    Ealdorman - high level

Irish

Mael - low level
    Tiarna - mid level
    Ard Tiarna - high level

Welsh

Uchelwr - low level
    Tywysog - mid level
    Teyrn - high level

Scots

Thane - low level
    Taoiseach - mid level
    Mormaer - high level

We know some of these might not be right and that is why we posted this to get some feedback on period titles, we appreciate any knowledge bombs you guys want to drop on us!
    Last edited by Kinjo; September 25, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: Noble Titles and Estates Feedback

Sounds absolutely dope my d00d!

I do remember Jack Lusted saying something about being unmoddable at release, though I don't know how much of that has changed with the allegiance patch, or the assembly kit being out. I do hope, if the types of estates aren't moddable, at least the effects are.

A question that does arise is what are the exact effects that these titles will give? Will it mostly be influence? Will it include some combat bonii? Political ones?
    Keep up the good work, and happy modding as usual fam!

A posh raider wuz 'ere~

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks good to me!

How will this intersect with the governor system? Wish there was some way to put the two together...

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

This is something the team has talked about a bit and the approach we have decided to take is the governor role is more like a job while estates is the land the character actually owns. The governor will be more like the Reeve role in Anglo-Saxon England, also the governor title will probably be changed to magistrate or something more faction natural that could fit the period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeve_(England)

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

I'd recommend dropping "Thane" from the Scottish one.

Maybe instead having - Ceannard, Toiseach and Mormaer.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Thank you Malcolm, that is the kind of info we are looking for. I was aware thane was probably not the best choice just finish reading about Macbeth :p