Thread: Culture/Religion

Default Culture/Religion

I didn't really know where this sorta question would belong, but here goes...

Is there any tutorial available, or if anyone knows how to change the religion system in Medieval 2 into the culture system like in the Kingdoms: Britannia/Third Age, if it is possible at all...

I couldn't find a tutorial anywhere, and I would prefer a cultural system for the mod I'm working on...

Feel free to call me stupid if there is a tutorial/it's dead easy!

Default Re: Culture/Religion

From what I have been able to glean, the religions are the cultures, so you simply put a requirement on units for a certain percentage of culture in a region and use normal religious conversion to achieve this.

So, if you want to convert Orcs to Gondor, you would make a bunch of buildings that award Gondor conversion and slowly build it up over time, then you use religious percentages as "gates" for units, so... Gondor Spearmen, Requires Gondor culture (Religion) 65%.

I could be totally wrong, and hope if I am, that someone corrects me, because I'd also like to know

descr_campaign_db is what you want I think.

<alternative_religious_unrest bool="true"/> <!-- alternative settlement religious unrest calculations -->
    <alt_rel_allied_modifier float="0.0"/> <!-- allied religion cumulative total modifier -->
    <alt_rel_gov_modifier_base float="2.0"/> <!-- governors piety religion base modifier -->
    <alt_rel_gov_coefficient float="-0.2"/> <!-- governors piety religion coefficient -->
    <games_races_cost_modifier float="0.0"/> <!-- games and races cost modifier -->

this is under the <settlement> section of the descr_campaign_db. I would just unpack britannia and use the descr_campaign_db as a base.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; September 24, 2018 at 10:12 PM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

From what I have been able to glean, the religions are the cultures
    Yep, it's largely just a renaming of the in-game names: "religion" -> "culture".

In all files in the "text" folder look for "religion" and replace with "culture", as you see fit. The internal names (inside {}) must remain as they are.

e.g. strat.txt...

{SMT_RELIGION}Religion
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_RELIGION_LEVEL}Religion Conversion Bonus:

...to...

{SMT_RELIGION}Culture
    {SMT_CAPABILITY_RELIGION_LEVEL}Culture Increase Bonus:

This was exactly what I needed! Thank you!!